PDA

View Full Version : Post Suppliments

turbo0450
12-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Hello all,

I have always been wondering what order you should take your POST suppliments in. I have seen many POST suppliments that say take immediately after your workout, but isn't it the best to take your protein first? Is it that important? Can you take both at the same time?

Right now I take a preworkout (some N.O. product), then I take a creatine POST immediately after, wait 30-45m take a nice 40g of protein, then wait 30-45m and eat a light high protien meal. This is getting rather difficult with the time. I also get 150-250g of protein a day. I wieght 180lbs. I have been powerlifting for about 1year.

Sorry, you can move this post to the diet & nutrition section.

Thanks for your knowledge,

Ace

Lones Green
12-10-2009, 06:41 AM
I think you're putting a little too much thought into it.

Putting your creatine in your post workout shake is fine. Drink that after training, and then a meal an hour or so after that if you can get it in.

AdamBAG
12-10-2009, 08:49 AM
How tall are you? Unless you are 5'2" you need to weigh more than 180.

Just eat and stop worrying about these details. Just dump all that stuff into a shaker, drink it, and then go eat some real food.

Necrias
12-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Dbol!

No but really... I drink a shake with 30g of protein and 30g waxy maize pre-/peri-/post workout. Plus I drink this every morning:

THE BLOAT SHAKE
2 cups oats (600 cals, 20 prot)
3 cups Whole Milk (480 cals, 24 prot)
4 whole eggs (320 cals, 28 prot)
3 scoops protein powder (450 cals, 96 prot)
(plus I pour a bunch of salt in!)
TOTAL: 1850 cals, 168 Protein

I have gained 27 lbs in 6 weeks, and haven't gained much fat. Am I using "supplements" not listed here? Sure, but at very low doses, I would rather eat like an animal than take shots like an animal. Stop wasting your money on N.O. and spend it on more food!

ScottYard
12-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Make it easier on your self. Buy a Post workout supplement that some one has already researched and made for exactly what you need. OPTICEN has been designed specifically for post workout.

Tom Mutaffis
12-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Turbo - Are you talking about taking a protein shake / carbohydrate drink / creatine post-workout and you are having trouble combining everything?

The purpose of PWO carbohydrates is glycogen replenishment, energy, and the insulin spike that will help your body to utilize all of the protien for recovery purposes. Are you using dextrose or maltodextrin for PWO?

As Scott mentioned an ideal PWO solution would be Opticen; which is an MRP drink that has an optimal ratio of protein:carbs and contains a high quality protein blend (blends have been shown to provide better gains over whey-only products).

With regard to your creatine, the timing for creatine is really not very important - the only thing that you should worry about is taking it daily. A lot of people take their creatine pre-workout, with breakfast, or post-workout.

Hope this helps.

turbo0450
12-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys for all the tips/info.

I currently take

PreWO - N.O. Xplode by BSN (3scoops)

PWO - Muscle Assylum Project: Anabolic OD

Protien - GNC Whey Protein Complex (4shakes x2scoops= 160g)

I currently am 5'8 181. I just upped my weight class from 165 to 181. I compete in Bench Press Powerlifting. I am worried about if the order/time really matters. I see that the creatine isn't very restrictive to time. My PreWO seems to be working just fine. I am more curious about the POST items. After my workout can i just take my PWO and protien all in one? or do i have to be concerned with waiting 30m and so on.

Thanks again guys,

Ace

dynamo
12-17-2009, 10:08 AM
food. all. the. time. sometimes i supplement my food with a protein shake. but nothing but food. milk too. damn milk is great. rest is a good one too. rawr.

w.r.t. your food timing, i can say for myself, it never makes a difference. sometimes i go 3 or 4 hours before i get my post workout fix. the body is pretty amazing, it adapts well to situations, maybe if i ever get to my natural max nutrient timing will make a difference, but for now i can be sloppy about when i eat and not have to worry.