PDA

View Full Version : bulking diet

alin
12-11-2009, 01:39 AM
I know everyone hates these, but I would like some feedback on my bulking diet. My trainer advised me on this, and I'm still a beginner so I'm not hung up on doing everything perfect. I'm 5'7" and weigh 159 lb.

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, bread and cheese, glass of milk.

11 O'Clock: Pasta (no sauce), Beer (non-alcoholic).

2 O'Clock: 2-3 pieces of chicken fillet, bowl of rice, yogurt, fresh vegetables.

5 O'Clock: workout

6 O'Clock: 4 egg whites, Two potatoes, a banana, a small protein shake.

Dinner: Can of tuna, lettuce salad (without sauce).

Before bed: fresh fruit, vegetables.

03mach421
12-11-2009, 01:59 AM
The type of food you have selected is quality, but i would say add more food, that doesnt seem like very many calories for someone who is trying to bulk (and i understand that different people respond differently). Maybe some peanut butter and another protein shake before bed or when you wake up...

the one
12-11-2009, 03:58 AM
agreed...and more food before bed something legit not just fruits and veggeis

David Trantham
12-11-2009, 06:11 AM
how about something like this, you would have to adjust the amount for your calories need wher bulking or cutting

Breakfast: 4 egg whites, bread and cheese, glass of milk.
Breakfast: 6 egg whites, 2 eggs,(wheat)bread or oatmeal

11 O'Clock: Pasta (no sauce), Beer (non-alcoholic).
11 O'Clock: if pasta (whole wheat) tuna,tbsp Natural pb, fruit/oatmeal(complex carb)

2 O'Clock: 2-3 pieces of chicken fillet, bowl of rice, yogurt, fresh vegetables.
[B]2 O'Clock: 2-3 pieces of chicken breast, bowl of rice(brown rice), fresh vegetables

5 O'Clock: workout(probably need a pre workout shake (whey proteinw/tbsp pb, oatmeal,fruit,rice (carb)

6 O'Clock: 4 egg whites, Two potatoes, a banana, a small protein shake.
ner: Can of tuna, lettuce salad (without sauce).

6 O'Clock:steak or chick breast, Two potatoes, vegs

before bed: whey protein,with cottage cheese or something like pb and tuna with complex carb, if frit try blueberries or strawberries.

hope this helps

alin
12-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Points taken. I do feel a bit empty-stomached (not hungry, just not full) before bed.

Before bulking, I used to think it was easy (who doesn't want to pig out, especially if you have no problem with low-fat foods?) but now I realize it's actually a very hard thing to do, psychologically.

That plan looks interesting, David. I'm an oatmeal freak :)

procads
12-24-2009, 08:16 PM
my suggestion is that always eat light food in the night.. really.. the best time to make the body eat more is in the day time.. the liver wants to rest in the night time.. do not over burden it.. in the day time however it is always asking for more and more..

take small meals spread throughout the day..

james_w8lifter
12-24-2009, 09:06 PM
my suggestion is that always eat light food in the night.. really.. the best time to make the body eat more is in the day time.. the liver wants to rest in the night time.. do not over burden it.. in the day time however it is always asking for more and more..

take small meals spread throughout the day..

If you want nutrients to reach your muscles while they are recovering, eating a good size snack before bed is optimal. You need to feed your body day and night.