PDA

View Full Version : Video of different jump roping exercises.

ThomasG
12-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Here's a vid I made I hope you all enjoy it.

CEE9SyqM-wM

Off Road
12-12-2009, 10:04 AM
You have jumping skills.

ThomasG
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks I'm going to get a vid up pretty soon of how man doubler unders I can do in a minute. Should be pretty excruciating and fun.

ryuage
12-14-2009, 07:34 PM
nice vid, learn to use more wrist and less arm to be more efficient (and last longer)

jbrin0tk
12-14-2009, 09:52 PM
That's really cool, man. I've recently started jump roping to improve my conditioning. It's a lot of fun for me and a real challenge. Couple questions you may be able to answer:

1). How long does it take for the calf burn to become more tolerable? Lol, my calves are getting more used to it, but it burns pretty good when I'm done.

2). Where can I find a jump rope made for tall people? LOL, I'm 6'4 and the regular 9ft ropes won't work. I have a cheap crappy nylon thing I picked up from the school I work at, but that thing is so tangled that it's hard to use. It's hard to get a rhythm going. I think I need a 10ft rope (from the research I've done), but am not sure where to get one. Thanks for any help you can provide.

ThomasG
12-21-2009, 11:48 PM
That's really cool, man. I've recently started jump roping to improve my conditioning. It's a lot of fun for me and a real challenge. Couple questions you may be able to answer:

1). How long does it take for the calf burn to become more tolerable? Lol, my calves are getting more used to it, but it burns pretty good when I'm done.

What will help with calve endurance is switching up your jumprope exercises particularly to the the two step. If you do the same movement for long periods of time your calves will burn out.

2). Where can I find a jump rope made for tall people? LOL, I'm 6'4 and the regular 9ft ropes won't work. I have a cheap crappy nylon thing I picked up from the school I work at, but that thing is so tangled that it's hard to use. It's hard to get a rhythm going. I think I need a 10ft rope (from the research I've done), but am not sure where to get one. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Check out some websites I believe a lot of the good ones have the specs.

Google buddylee jumpropes and check amazon.