PDA

View Full Version : which would you do 1st..

iLUDEd
04-30-2002, 03:33 AM
if youve been working out for 6 months.. still have 20% bodyfat.. would it be worth going on a keto diet? or would you just go on a 40-40-20 diet.. or a low carb diet? i wana get rid of this gut, but im really happy with my gains and dont want to loose the muscle ive now got.. would another alternative be just to jak up the cardio?

Huck
04-30-2002, 04:49 AM
Increase the cardio. When your a beginner I believe you should concentrate on training and rest. Get out on the roads in the morning and do some long slow runs, come back in have a shower and go back to bed for an hour or two. That s my opinion anyway.

HumanV
04-30-2002, 07:20 AM
Also, try a fat burner without the ephedra. Keep your protein intake high, especially after workouts. You can burn some fat and maintain muscle.

Blood&Iron
04-30-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by SS-GOHAN
if youve been working out for 6 months.. still have 20% bodyfat.. would it be worth going on a keto diet? or would you just go on a 40-40-20 diet.. or a low carb diet? i wana get rid of this gut, but im really happy with my gains and dont want to loose the muscle ive now got.. would another alternative be just to jak up the cardio?
Having been in this position myself, I would say a keto is probably not your best bet. I would first try something a bit more moderate like a Zone/Isocaloric/40-40-20 diet. After you've done that awhile add in a moderate amount of cardio. Never restrict calories too greatly or start doing crazy amounts of cardio and be prepared to be at it for quite some time. If you do things right, your training shouldn't be too adversly affected. Remember, though, it's gonna take time. Trying to get ripped overnight is a recipe for failure.

Here are some very good articles on dieting that might help:
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/index.htm

iLUDEd
05-01-2002, 10:45 PM
sweet.. ill go with the 40/40/20 diet with 2-3 days of low intensity cardio.. :) thanks

heathj
05-01-2002, 11:06 PM
Keep carbs fairly high low if you want to maintain muscle.

iLUDEd
05-02-2002, 05:06 AM
would the 40/40/20 diet be enough to maintain muscle and lose bf.. or would i need to take some kind of suppliment?

bigassdan
05-02-2002, 02:16 PM
I've had good success with ECA supps. Ephedrine, Caffeine, and Asprin. Theres a ton of them. Xenadrine worked well. Just dont rely on a supplement to get you where you wanna go. Like B&I said its gonna take time if you dont wanna lose muscle, but its the best way to go. Good Luck!

05-02-2002, 03:17 PM
I'd also suggest not going keto yet. You can get down to 10% or lower with an isocaloric or 40/40/20 diet and when you have trouble losing the last few lbs of fat then switch to a keto diet if need be.

Jane
05-02-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
I'd also suggest not going keto yet.

Why not Avatar? Strength loss?

05-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Jane

Why not Avatar? Strength loss?

yep, and the difference of fat loss at that body fat % is hardly noticeable between diets. Consistency is key.

iLUDEd
05-02-2002, 11:40 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13262

"quote"
If you go low carb and high protein you will get cut really quick. Heres the catch, if you dont eat enough protein or do to much cardio you will lose lots of mass which you don't want to do. For example if you weigh bout 180 lbs or somewhere around there, shoot for 300 grams of protein and anywhere between 100-150 grams of complex carbs (ie. oatmeal, yams, brown rice, whole wheat bread)

is this possible? if so, would this be good for somebody like me to go on for 1 month just to shred some bodyfat?
what im not sure on is how much is to much cardio?

05-03-2002, 08:39 AM
I think calories is more important than macro breakdown when it comes to fat and muscle loss. Assuming your getting sufficient protein of course.

iLUDEd
05-03-2002, 08:45 AM
but wont excess protein just turn into carbs anyways? so its better off keeping protein and carbs close.. or is this a myth?
anyhow.. ill try not to exceed 2200 calories with my diet