PDA

View Full Version : Where to find a jump rope for tall people

jbrin0tk
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
I've recently begun jump roping as I enjoy it and am working on bringing up my conditioning. I'm 6'4 and, from the research I've done, I think I need a bigger jump rope. I've searched and they say people over 6ft need a 10ft rope. I have a crappy nylon one now that the PE teacher at the school I work at gave me, but it's very tangled and is hard to use and get into a rhythm with. I've thought about just a regular old rope but I thought that may be too heavy to turn with any speed and it might be too thick. I've looked at sporting goods stores, etc., with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys.

slashkills
12-15-2009, 05:46 AM
using a rope gets tiring but it loosens up your shoulders. If you have already looked at sporting goods stores then i dont know where else to look.

ThomasG
12-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Possibly a buddy lee jump rope. The handles should come evenly to the top of both your shoulders. I'm 5'10 and had to trim mine down.

P.S nylon rops are ****. Go with a speed rope.

tnathletics2b
12-15-2009, 06:56 AM
I've recently begun jump roping as I enjoy it and am working on bringing up my conditioning. I'm 6'4 and, from the research I've done, I think I need a bigger jump rope. I've searched and they say people over 6ft need a 10ft rope. I have a crappy nylon one now that the PE teacher at the school I work at gave me, but it's very tangled and is hard to use and get into a rhythm with. I've thought about just a regular old rope but I thought that may be too heavy to turn with any speed and it might be too thick. I've looked at sporting goods stores, etc., with no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, guys.

Heavy, thick ropes are used as a training tool, so don't discount them too quick! Jumping rope with a 2 pound rope for a few minutes is a pretty solid workout!

Tom Mutaffis
12-15-2009, 07:13 AM
There are a number of them on Amazon.com ranging from $2.50 to $20.

Just type in a search for "jump rope 10" and you should find what you are looking for.

slashkills
12-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Heavy, thick ropes are used as a training tool, so don't discount them too quick! Jumping rope with a 2 pound rope for a few minutes is a pretty solid workout!

agreed

jbrin0tk
12-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Cool, thanks for the pointers, guys. I obviously don't know what I'm talking about lol, but am interested and having been doing a lot of jumping lately. I will take those ideas and research them. Thanks again, everyone.

jbrin0tk
12-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Just wanted to say that I took the advice of many of you and decided to buy a Buddy Lee jump rope. I got it the other day, adjusted it, and it works great. Nice and smooth, and it actually has handles lol, which is nice for a change. Thanks for the tips, everyone.