PDA

View Full Version : Sled activities?

Bodyguard
12-15-2009, 05:21 PM
What do you guys do with your sleds? I have one I built out of an old tire. I usually load about 100 pounds on it and do about three thirty yard sprents. But, this is getting old, and it is getting old fast.

Off Road
12-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I always walk with my sled. Running overcomes the friction and makes it easier.

tomv
12-16-2009, 02:40 AM
Try pushing a heavy sled. Might be hard with the tire however.

Try pulling it running backwards.

Try pull it in with your arms (if it's light enough) as if you were pulling in rope.

Bodyguard
12-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll try all of these, might mix it up each week.

Tom Mutaffis
12-16-2009, 07:05 AM
You can pick up a deer dragging harness ($20 or less), it works great as a pulling harness. Load up a light weight and then take the sled for a long walk; this is a good way to mix up your conditioning work.

lawndarts
12-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I've seen a guy do lunges with his, but I've never tried it.

ironwill727
01-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Walk forward with a belt attatched it to simulate a truck pull.
Walk backwards with it.
Pull it backwards.
If you have a long rope you can row it towards you.

I have a sled/prowler combo so I can use it as a prowler too which is beastly conditioning.

You can use it heavy to get stronger and light for conditiong. It is a great tool. On elitefts I think they have a few articles with a lot of ideas.

vdizenzo
01-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I sometimes use a set of handles and do exercises like chest presses, rows, curls, tri ext, etc.

Notorious
01-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I thought this was a pretty good article: http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/toddwilsonsledii.pdf

Beaker
02-04-2010, 06:06 AM
I sometimes use a set of handles and do exercises like chest presses, rows, curls, tri ext, etc.

I thought this was a pretty good article: http://www.dieselcrew.com/articles-pdf/toddwilsonsledii.pdf

the handles/straps in that article are great, anyone have info on what the straps are made from and how theyre attached to the sled?

i have a sled but have yet to use it thanks to the cold weather. i was planning on just pulling it using my 4x4 tow strap.