PDA

View Full Version : floor presses with shirt

jtteg_x
12-16-2009, 03:00 AM
ME bench cycle typically looks like: straight weight to lowest board, bands, chains, reverse band, repeat. floor presses were sometimes done after my ME bench lift (raw). i never done floor presses with a shirt and wanted to see if it is wise to do so for my ME lift. I am considering floor presses with chains for triples wearing either a loose single f6 or a tighter shirt (via super katana or double f6). what are your thoughts on this.

Travis Bell
12-16-2009, 03:31 AM
I like to keep floor presses raw. Not sure you'd get much benefit out of floor presses in a shirt because of how much being on the floor is going to alter your form.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-16-2009, 09:16 AM
I would stick with using your shirt with & without boards on the bench press. Since you have never done floor press with chains. Try doing floor press for a few sets without chains and then add chains. I agree with Travis Bell statement too.

ScottYard
12-16-2009, 09:39 AM
i wouldnt do it. You have to practice how you play and doing shirt work on the floor will reiterate too many bad tendencies. Plus a shirt should be used to show how strong you got. Not neccesarily a tool to get stronger.(Although, I do believe in lots of shirt work for form and technique practice)

NickAus
12-16-2009, 02:57 PM
No I would not do it, if you really want to then use a loose old shirt.