PDA

View Full Version : My off season diet and pics

Allen Cress
12-16-2009, 10:53 AM
For this past off season my calories have been the highest I have ever taken them and I still have visible abs. My current weight is 210lbs.

Currently I am staggering my calories at 4500-5000-6000 calories. On my 6000 cal day 5000 of them are clean foods but to get that extra thousand I have to eat calorie dense food that is easily processed such as fruit juices, pop-tarts, etc.. or I may just have 1 or 2 heavier meals from a restaurant such as bread, salad, 16oz steak, loaded baked potato.

This diet isn't for just anyone because they weigh what I do. Most if they ate this way would just get fat. I have increased my metabolic rate over the years so I need this many calories to stay anabolic and put on size. Its all individual and everyone is different.

Last off season my calories were 3000-3500 and my weight was 205lbs. It takes expertise to understand what a person needs to achieve the desired results whether its adding size or losing bodyfat.

snikez
12-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Nice calves. do you do isolation for them?

Allen Cress
12-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice calves. do you do isolation for them?

yes, I do multiple variations of calf raises

Off Road
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
6000 calories sounds like fun :)

ehopkins932
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Is there any specific way you increased your metabolism that much? Or was it just the gradual increase of food as you got bigger and required more to grow?

ryuage
12-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Like the others, I would love to know the reason you nearly doubled your calorie intake from the last off season... perhaps just to gain more mass this time around?

Allen Cress
12-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Is there any specific way you increased your metabolism that much? Or was it just the gradual increase of food as you got bigger and required more to grow?

My metabolic rate was increased from the type of training I do and the collection of proper programs over time. At the beginning of my off season I was at 4000 calories and after 3 months of not gaining I increased it to my current stagger of 4500-5000-6000 calories.

I have clients who weigh 220 but their calories are only 3000, its all individual.

ryuage
12-16-2009, 07:39 PM
I can attest to that... I'd gain weight eating like a mouse.

aormz
12-18-2009, 12:22 AM
You look great man, I was wondering if you would help me with a decent diet plan to knock off about 30lbs in 4 months. You look like the right guy to ask. Currently I'm 6'3 227. Id like to be around 195 come into the nice weather. I train hard about 5x a week. Usually powerlifting and Metabolic conditioning after one big powerlift (usually about 7 sets of deads/backsquat/bench/press and than supersets of pullups/dips, hangcleans / sumo high pulls (stuff like that)

I've been cutting a bit of weight the past 2 weeks (about 2 lbs a week) i'm looking to keep that # of loss up over the time (4 months). Anytips would be very helpfull. Thanks man

Allen Cress
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
You look great man, I was wondering if you would help me with a decent diet plan to knock off about 30lbs in 4 months. You look like the right guy to ask. Currently I'm 6'3 227. Id like to be around 195 come into the nice weather. I train hard about 5x a week. Usually powerlifting and Metabolic conditioning after one big powerlift (usually about 7 sets of deads/backsquat/bench/press and than supersets of pullups/dips, hangcleans / sumo high pulls (stuff like that)

I've been cutting a bit of weight the past 2 weeks (about 2 lbs a week) i'm looking to keep that # of loss up over the time (4 months). Anytips would be very helpfull. Thanks man

Its hard to say without knowing exactly what you've been eating and what you look like at this point. Another thing is don't rely too much on the scale, go by the mirror and how your clothes are fitting. You don't want to get caught up in the numbers game.

Generally you need to be in a sub-maintenance calorie intake and that is different for everyone. The diet also needs to be sustainable long term, if not you will just end up binging as a lot do on diets.

You can also purchase a one time custom diet from me to fit your current "needs state" and to take the guessing out of it.