PDA

View Full Version : If any one is looking for a great Deadlift builder looks here!

ScottYard
12-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Just thought Id share this exercise I have been doing the past few meet cycles. I call them Pulls from the top. They really hammer your Glutes and hams and since I have used them I have hit a DL PR the past 3 meets.

I got this from Watching Anos vids on elite and since hes a monster puller I decided to give them a try. Obviously Im no where near Anos league pull wise but they helped me and I think they will help any body.

Try them out....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CzuafhFw3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1CzuafhFw3s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jason198
12-17-2009, 06:08 PM
Are you going all the way to the floor ? Do you use weights lighter or heavier than max?I do not see how you could go heavier.... Thanks for any more info

NickAus
12-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Awesome, thanks Scott!

Brian Hopper
12-17-2009, 06:46 PM
is it more like a SLDL?

SELK
12-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Ive done these before and think they are great. If you don't have partners to pull the pins, walking out a deadlift is actually not all that hard. I walked out a little over 600 without a problem and my max pull is only 666.

Invain
12-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm curious if it's straight leg as well. Looks pretty interesting though, might give them a try sometime.

ScottYard
12-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I cycle the weight sover 6 weeks with speed work in between heavy work. I did 96% of my max, 91%, then 95% for top sets of each work out. I started with 655, then just did 680 in the vid. Ill finish out with 705 2 weeks from now.

I pull generally more stiff legged but yes it is a straiter leg but still bent.

Have some one yell up about 4 inches from the floor. You cant that type of feel in a regular pull reversal wise.

thewicked
12-17-2009, 08:31 PM
dimmel deads..

in the elitefs exercise index.

AWESOME exercise sick work scott.

JK1
12-17-2009, 11:24 PM
dimmel deads..

I was thinking the same thing, although I've thought of Dimmels as a from the floor type exercise to set up, then down to that point and back up for the desired repititions. I've also always considered Dimmel Deadlifts to be a "higher rep" type exercise. Maybe I've been wrong with those thoughts.

Cmanuel
12-17-2009, 11:27 PM
sweet, now if i only had training partners :( I guess i could set up bands to yank some boxes out of the way when i pulled the weight up.

Travis Bell
12-18-2009, 05:16 AM
dimmel deads..

Dimmel deads are done with light weight for rehab and are done neither all the way to the floor, nor all the way to lockout

Cool video Scott! Nice work

Rugby Dad
12-21-2009, 09:37 PM
tried the Dimmel deads as explaind on Elitfts: high reps ~20, rapid movement, squeezing the glutes and thrusting the hips thru.
it really gets the glutes & upper hams pumped. better yet because of the rapid pace and high reps it gets the heart racing.
also feels alot like kbell swings and works the same muscles.

MarcusWild
12-21-2009, 09:43 PM
I noticed your deadlift really shot up when you started lifting raw. I guess this explains why. Great work!

ScottYard
12-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I noticed your deadlift really shot up when you started lifting raw. I guess this explains why. Great work!

Thanks

All The raw squatting def had an effect as well

Zak Freiwald
12-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Those look cool. I have used these before in training where I walked (or waddled, really) the weight out of rack hooks. Getting up anywhere past 600, it got to be really hard to set up and forget about getting the weight back in the rack. Naturally, this approach avoids the "character-building adventure" of walking backwards carrying a heavy bar. Good idea.