PDA

View Full Version : question about water

iliri85
12-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I've never read this anywhere on the web but is there such a thing as too much water? (when drinking)

I drink a lot of water, (no soda, beer maybe once a month, no alcohol) but does it enlarge your stomach if you drink too much? (hopefully its not a stupid question lol)

Allen Cress
12-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Never force yourself to drink water, but you do need to drink a descent amount each day. Everyone is different on how much they can drink but if your having to force yourself then its too much. You can build up over time but no need to get crazy with it.

AnotherNumber
12-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Don't overthink water. You won't get fat from drinking water.
Drink it so your pee is very light yellow, around 1 gallon/day.

JSully
12-18-2009, 03:32 PM
I've never read this anywhere on the web but is there such a thing as too much water? (when drinking)

I drink a lot of water, (no soda, beer maybe once a month, no alcohol) but does it enlarge your stomach if you drink too much? (hopefully its not a stupid question lol)

I bloat when I drink water.. but that's because I'll chug a 2 liter..

then again, it gets to 120degrees here in the summer.. in the winter I don't drink near as much..

Tom Mutaffis
12-19-2009, 11:59 AM
As others mentioned I wouldn't force down a lot of water in one sitting, but you do want to consume about (1) gallon per day. This includes all liquids such as shakes, tea, coffee.

Dehydration can cause fatigue and make you more susceptable to injuries.

David Trantham
12-19-2009, 09:57 PM
agree with most of the others,don't force the water down,a gallon from all liquids is prob good. something to remember if you are sweeting alot,cardio or summer time you need to replace the water that you have lost. just use comon since, i personally beleive if u are hydrated you are capable of perforimg better,stronger,faster etc

iliri85
12-20-2009, 09:05 AM
thanks a lot for the answers, and yeah drink lot of tea, no coffee though.