PDA

View Full Version : Got a new Grill... anyone got any good protein recipies

usudno
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I just finished my outdoor kitchen.. Question is...

Steak or chicken... Whats the best way to marinate it (if at all) to keep it lean.

I plan on grilling Boneless chicken breast and or steaks (sirloin or huge london broils marinated) to take with me to work to eat throughout the day..

I'm just looking for suggestions so i can enjoy the grill and the food.

Thanks

skinny99
12-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Chicken-I like a marinade called Mojo(you can buy it in the ethnic section),also Italian Dressing and Garlic powder make another good marinade and last is beer and vineger with everglades seasoning. Additionally cook chicken at around 350* for about 25 minutes with the lid down.

Steak- I don't marinate premium cuts,for sirloins,t-bones,strips and the like leave them out at room temperature for about two hours. You can rub a little regular yellow mustard and Chicago steak seasoning if you want. For cheaper cuts of beef you can marinate in beer and/or Dale Beef Marinade. Also a handy way to make beef for work is to take a thick london broil and have the butcher slice it in to 3/8" strips,then marinate in Terriayki sauce,beer and cayenne pepper. Grill that up and it is like meat candy. Steak will stay the most tender if cooked at high temperature for shorter times. I wait til the grill says over 500* and then throe it on. Never put the lid down on steak!

Hope this helps!

teeroy
12-19-2009, 02:33 PM
Chicken-I like a marinade called Mojo(you can buy it in the ethnic section),also Italian Dressing and Garlic powder make another good marinade and last is beer and vineger with everglades seasoning. Additionally cook chicken at around 350* for about 25 minutes with the lid down.

Steak- I don't marinate premium cuts,for sirloins,t-bones,strips and the like leave them out at room temperature for about two hours. You can rub a little regular yellow mustard and Chicago steak seasoning if you want. For cheaper cuts of beef you can marinate in beer and/or Dale Beef Marinade. Also a handy way to make beef for work is to take a thick london broil and have the butcher slice it in to 3/8" strips,then marinate in Terriayki sauce,beer and cayenne pepper. Grill that up and it is like meat candy. Steak will stay the most tender if cooked at high temperature for shorter times. I wait til the grill says over 500* and then throe it on. Never put the lid down on steak!

Hope this helps!

Great advice. I don't grill much anymore because I cook most of my meat in my smoker now but when it comes to grilling this is spot on (for steak). Chicken you want low and slow even on the grill. When I grill chicken I grill it at around 225 to 250.

fitgirltitone
12-19-2009, 08:37 PM
HOT SAUCE!!! Like having chicken wings everyday!!
Also a good marinade is Balsamic Vinegar