PDA

View Full Version : Coldasice's Diet

Coldasice
12-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey guys
Info on me.. Ht: 6'0, Wt: 210-215, Training for: 3 yrs

Just had a few questions about this diet I've been on for a couple of weeks.. I found it online, it seems pretty basic:

Meal 1 (7 AM)
1 cup of dry oats mixed with water
1 cup of egg beaters

Meal 2 (9 AM)
Meal replacement packet like Prolab's Lean Mass Complex (which has a 40/40/20 nutrient ratio) mixed with water or a protein powder (with around 40 grams of protein) mixed with 40 grams of carbs from cream of rice, grits, or oatmeal.
1 Tablespoon of Flaxseed Oil (Spectrum brand is best)

Meal 3 (12 Noon)
1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal
2 cups of green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
6-8 ounces of chicken, turkey, or lean fish

Meal 4 (3 PM)
Same as Meal 2

Meal 5 (6 PM)
1 cup of brown rice, or medium sized baked potato, or 1 cup of oatmeal
2 cups of green beans, broccoli or any other desired vegetable
6-8 ounces of chicken, turkey, or lean fish

Meal 6 (8 PM)
Same as Meal 2

Instead of using the Meal Replacement for Meal 2, I just add 3/4 cup of Quick Rolled Oats (about 40 g Carbs?), with 40 g of Whey Protein Isolate, and a TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
And on training days, I have a shake with 40 g of Whey Protein Isolate and about 2 1/2 scoops of Dextrose (about 200 grams I'm guessing?..which is 80g of carbs).

3 Questions:.. a) Would my replacement for Meal 2 be best or should I include a cream of rice instead or would that make any difference?
b) How is my post-workout shake? and c) Am I taking in too many carbs thoughout the day? I feel like I'm not getting as lean as I want..so where could I cut out some carbs?

jtrink
12-21-2009, 05:12 AM
what are you goals? I didn't calculate it out but how much protein are you ingesting each day?

David Trantham
12-21-2009, 07:56 AM
what are your goals? if you are wanting to get lean , yea you probably are eating to many carbs.plus you are probably eating to many calories. the foods that you are eating are go foods for building lean body mass.,its just hard to say what you need to do with the info you have given us. if you need personal hlp my e-mail is rdtrantham@yahoo.com