PDA

View Full Version : For Breakfast

soclydeza
12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
On days that i work early i dont have time to whip up a veggie omlet. also, im usually not hungry that early so i have to force myself to eat. i usually end up eating a nutrition bar and a milk to make sure i get the proper protein/carb/fat. obviously this isnt the best way to get my nutrition in the morning. any tips on quick and easy ways to get a nutritious breakfast in me on mornings that i have no time to make anything? Thanks

cphafner
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM
shakes. Some people will bake up egg dishes and keep them in the fridge so they can quickly heat it up. Not to be cliche, but breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Your body was fasting all night. It's screaming for nutrients when you wake up.

David Trantham
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
try protein shake with oatmeal!! very quick.

if you have say 5 minutes try protein,oatmeal,natural pb,egg/eggwhites,coco, and little coffee (add water put in microwave for abot 3-5 minutes and you have everything u need) it comes out kinda of like a cake)

soclydeza
12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
do you think shakes and oatmeal are better than the nutrition bar and milk tactic?

cphafner
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
do you think shakes and oatmeal are better than the nutrition bar and milk tactic?

what is a nutrition bar? I'd stick with the oats and protein.

Unreal
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Yes oats+whey is better then any store bought bars. Homemade bars are an option. Hardboiled eggs. Cook up a dozen and just keep them in the fridge and eat when needed.

Honestly I do a IF style diet and don't eat breakfast. You could always just skip it and get your calories later IMO.

iliri85
12-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Is it recommended to take protein shake even on rest days?

Unreal
12-21-2009, 11:20 AM
It is recommended to hit your macros and protein requirements every day. If that means taking a shake, then yes. If that means eating an extra piece of chicken or some more eggs then do that. Basically if you need 200g a day of protein, you want to do that every day. If you need shakes to get there then use shakes.

james_w8lifter
12-21-2009, 09:33 PM
It is recommended to hit your macros and protein requirements every day. If that means taking a shake, then yes. If that means eating an extra piece of chicken or some more eggs then do that. Basically if you need 200g a day of protein, you want to do that every day. If you need shakes to get there then use shakes.

^ +1...

Astreocclu
12-21-2009, 10:12 PM
You can make homemade bars, like peanutbutter+proteinpowder and oats or somehing along those lines and put them in the frdige in groups of like 8-10 and eat them when your looking for some nutrition

ryuage
12-22-2009, 03:21 PM
there's nothing special about breakfast... if you don't have time you have no time. Eat more the next meal.