PDA

View Full Version : Picture of Monster Barbell Gym...I hope!

mastermonster
12-21-2009, 11:46 PM
If this works here are some pictures of our gym, Monster Barbell. It's a work in progress and if these pics come over I'll keep putting some up as it progresses. In one you can see where the delivery driver dropped his wheels off of the drive and made a tire rut that took 8 bags of top soil to fill. But that was the only casualty in setting the building up so that's not to bad!

I hope this works! I'll try something else if it doesn't.

It didn't work so go to:

http://cid-ddf9e4f90698fe6d.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Monster%20Barbell%20Gym?authkey=zKUuI7ZD!gU%24&ct=photos

backseatwitme13
12-22-2009, 01:13 AM
it's looking nice and cozy. I'm assuming you'll get bumper plates and a deadlifting platform eventually?

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 01:27 AM
No plans for bumper plates. The platform where the bar is on the floor is doubles 3/4" plywood sitting on a 3/4"
plywood floor over 2x6 floor joists (16" centers) sitting on 2 4x6 skids. I'll probably cover it with a 3/4 inch rubber stall mat next week since it will take even more shock and last much longer than carpet. That should take plenty of heavy deadlifts without the need for bumper plates.

Buccos1
12-22-2009, 04:38 AM
looks great, congratulations!

chris mason
12-22-2009, 07:00 AM
That looks cool!

jp2
12-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Nice Setup!

Brian Hopper
12-22-2009, 07:58 AM
It looks pretty cool!!!

WhateverItTakes
12-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Nice! What is the dimensions of it? Thanks

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks guys! The empty spot on the far end is where I plan to put a power rack. I'll (soon I hope) replace the squat rack with a monolift. I see no need to try and squeeze in the squat rack once we have a Mono. and a power rack. It's a great squat rack but it has a pretty big footprint and takes about twice the room a monolift or power rack will. I'll store it til I can sell it once I have either of the other two. We'll start insulating and paneling the walls soon and have it wired, but we're enjoying it as it is for now!

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Nice! What is the dimensions of it? Thanks

It is 12 x 24 with 8' ceiling at the corners and 9' at the peak. THe building is made by Thrifty Portable Buildings. The are code compliant (Southern and international). H&H is the distributor here where I bought it. I couldn't be happier with it. They make this model as long as 48'! The only mishap was the truck tires missing the drive and the tire rut that took 8 bags of top soil too fill. No big deal ($12 and some shovel work). If that's all that went wrong, I'm in great shape!!!!

Ermantroudt
12-22-2009, 01:33 PM
That is about as good as it gets-basic, brutal and highly effective!

Beverly McD.
12-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Looks like a fine set-up Buddy. :thumbup:

barbell01
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
make sure you have enuff clearance for your monolift before you buy. bill crawford can build one to fit 8' ceilings. pretty cheap too....

deeder
12-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Can you do any standing military presses with 8" ceilings?

Other than that, looks pretty nifty!

WhateverItTakes
12-22-2009, 05:54 PM
It is 12 x 24 with 8' ceiling at the corners and 9' at the peak. THe building is made by Thrifty Portable Buildings. The are code compliant (Southern and international). H&H is the distributor here where I bought it. I couldn't be happier with it. They make this model as long as 48'! The only mishap was the truck tires missing the drive and the tire rut that took 8 bags of top soil too fill. No big deal ($12 and some shovel work). If that's all that went wrong, I'm in great shape!!!!

Thank you!

WhateverItTakes
12-22-2009, 05:55 PM
make sure you have enuff clearance for your monolift before you buy. bill crawford can build one to fit 8' ceilings. pretty cheap too....

What do you consider to be a pretty cheap price?

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Can you do any standing military presses with 8" ceilings?

Other than that, looks pretty nifty!

As short as I am...no problem! LOL! One of our guys is a 6'6" 260 Lb. 3 time All-Pro OT on the Semi-Pro Football team based in Gadsden. Also a competitive powerlifter. We'll probably have to make sure he's in the middle where the ceiling is 9 feet. The rest of us are 5'10ish.

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM

Bill's is very well made. I squatted on one of his at WPC Worlds in N.Y. in 2006. I've never seen a monolift that wouldn't work under an 8 foot ceiling, except maybe Ano's (Metal) reverse monolift form Finland (seemed it was taller than normal). I won't be getting that one! (shipping would be a B**ch). Where I'll put ours is under the 9 foot section so whatever I find should be good to go.

vdizenzo
12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Perfect. Good luck.

mastermonster
12-24-2009, 02:10 AM
Perfect. Good luck.

Thanks Vinnie!

JK1
12-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks guys! The empty spot on the far end is where I plan to put a power rack. I'll (soon I hope) replace the squat rack with a monolift. I see no need to try and squeeze in the squat rack once we have a Mono. and a power rack. It's a great squat rack but it has a pretty big footprint and takes about twice the room a monolift or power rack will. I'll store it til I can sell it once I have either of the other two. We'll start insulating and paneling the walls soon and have it wired, but we're enjoying it as it is for now!

Monster Barbell is looking really good.

I got my monolift from Zane and Sandie McCaslin. The price, including shipping, was excellent (significantly cheaper than Metal Militia, Amerilift, or Elitefts). I'm very happy with it. Let me know if you want me to take pictures and email them or if you are down this way some day and want to take a look at it.

Detard
12-26-2009, 09:48 AM

I got my monolift from Zane and Sandie McCaslin. The price, including shipping, was excellent (significantly cheaper than Metal Militia, Amerilift, or Elitefts). I'm very happy with it. Let me know if you want me to take pictures and email them or if you are down this way some day and want to take a look at it.

How do you find it compares to the Metal Miilitia or EFS mono's? In therems of structure, strength, stability...etc.

mastermonster
12-26-2009, 02:45 PM

That would be great if you could send me a photo and contact info! I'd like to check out all of my options. Thanks!

email is: mastermonster@comcast.net

robchris
12-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Awesome home gym Buddy... I wish I could come & train w/ you!

WhateverItTakes
12-26-2009, 05:22 PM

That sounds good. How much did it cost you?