PDA

View Full Version : thinking about grid stitching the single katana

jtteg_x
12-22-2009, 04:24 AM
I been training with a single ply super katana (stock sized) for few weeks now. Last session I was able to bring down 465 to a half board fairly easy. It took a small amount of time but I'm confident touching 475-480 and have the strength to lock it out. What kind of changes in the shirt can I expect if I were to go grid stitching? Would it give more pop off the chest? I can dance around with the bar bringing it down as I've done that many times if need to. I'm about 213-215lb and maintaining weight well. My goal is 500lb bench with a single ply.

Ryano
12-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Grid stitching it will make it lose pop, not get more. It prevents the material from stretching during the decent.

Rob Luyando
12-22-2009, 06:56 AM
What would be the point on grid stitching a single ply shirt. Grid stitch is intended to keep the layers of a multi ply shirt together and give you more stopping power

AdamBAG
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
What would be the point on grid stitching a single ply shirt. Grid stitch is intended to keep the layers of a multi ply shirt together and give you more stopping power

Agreed.

Also, Katanas are known to really lock up at the bottom. If you haven't touched something, don't assume that adding 20 pounds will get it down.

If you want to pimp out the shirt why don't you get the chestplate taken in some?

Pete22
12-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Agreed.

Also, Katanas are known to really lock up at the bottom. If you haven't touched something, don't assume that adding 20 pounds will get it down.

If you want to pimp out the shirt why don't you get the chestplate taken in some?

I agree. Katanas can be a biatch to touch from my limited experience. The difference between a half-board and actually touching can be huge.

douglasoh5
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the super training dudes say the first thing you want to do is tighten the arms up and not the chest on them..I could be wrong though...and another thing...is it a SUPER katana? pretty much does it have a scooped super jacked up collar?

mastermonster
12-22-2009, 12:46 PM
I agree. Katanas can be a biatch to touch from my limited experience. The difference between a half-board and actually touching can be huge.

I agree too. I also see no value in grid stitching a single ply.

jtteg_x
12-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I was thinking grids would "tighten" up the whole shirt but looks like I was wrong. Good thing I asked before I did! Thanks as always

jtteg_x
12-22-2009, 03:16 PM
I think the super training dudes say the first thing you want to do is tighten the arms up and not the chest on them..I could be wrong though...and another thing...is it a SUPER katana? pretty much does it have a scooped super jacked up collar?

It is indeed a super katana. I'm interested to hear more on taking in the sleeves. One of my training partners did that to his F6 with a reg. fit chest plate and he was able to press his warm up weight up to 500lb off his chest.

douglasoh5
12-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Iv never messed with one of these shirts but get ahold of mark bell...he can help you out

Ryano
12-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Ken Anderson is the one to contact to have the sleeves tightened. Ken is the man when it comes to Titan shirts.