PDA

View Full Version : First belt?

mr handy
12-22-2009, 11:21 AM
I am planning on getting my first belt in a week or so (right after the holidays) and I was hoping to get some advice and recommendations.
I measured around my waist (belly button) relaxed with a shirt on and came up with 33". I know I want a belt in the 10/11mm range.

I have been looking at the Inzer belts, as well as some less expensive belts like the MyHouse belts on eBay.

Any recomendations on brand, buckle style, and color :p would be great.

PeteO
12-22-2009, 11:34 AM
apt pro wrist straps has great belts
Inzer belts are equally great
I have a 10mm inzer forever belt single prong and love it.
I wear my belt for heavy squats and heavy OHP. I tried it for DL, but it seems it gets in the way for me, so I'm looking into a SPUD deadlifting belt for deads specifically.

douglasoh5
12-22-2009, 11:56 AM
look up Bobs belts....best on the market....buckle belts are ok but a pain to adjust...If you go with a prong belt you should get a single prong...dbl prong are a pain....I use the bobs belt for squating and pulling and I got a apt bench belt for benching...got it for free

IronDiggy
12-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I love my inzer belt. I have the 13mm but definitely go for the 10 they're alot more pliable and comfortable. I would suggest single prong cause its easier to get on and off. Spend decent money now because a belt will last you a long long time.. So I am told :)

mr handy
12-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the advise so far. I think I am leaning towards the Inzer single prong belt.
Bobs belts look very nice but $100 for a belt is just not in the price range right now.

In the Inzer belts it would seem that I would need a medium(33-36) will this allow for some adjustment in the event that I shrink or expand an inch or two?

ehopkins932
12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
We have about the same measurements...http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/14713 is the one I have had for several months. Size medium. APT always has 15% discount codes (use LIFE) so that helps.

IronDiggy
12-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the advise so far. I think I am leaning towards the Inzer single prong belt.
Bobs belts look very nice but $100 for a belt is just not in the price range right now.

In the Inzer belts it would seem that I would need a medium(33-36) will this allow for some adjustment in the event that I shrink or expand an inch or two?

I'm about a 36-38 depending on the day and a large fits me quite well. so You'd probably be good for a medium

mr handy
12-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I would give the apt belts a try but it seems that all but small are out of stock in pretty much evey belt they have on the site.

Robert Crawford
01-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Bob Morris makes the best belts around. Bob was the original belt maker and he has made powerlifting belts for 35 years.

Bob has made 20 belts for me over the years. (Some wear out and some I out grow.)

Google "Bob Morris" or "Bob's Custom Belts."

Bob just made a red, white, and blue bench press belt with a lever. I love it.

Don't be cheap. You could wear one of Bob's belts for 30 years.

Robert Crawford

Ermantroudt
01-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Bump for Bob-pricey initial investment, but it will last for most, if not all of your lifetime.

douglasoh5
01-02-2010, 12:50 PM
ok ppl bobs belts cost what $20 more than an inzer or an apt? well its worth twice as much as they charge imo. best belts out there. strong leather...really stiff, but the roller and prong is really high quality so its not hard to set and undo.

robchris
01-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I currently use a Inzer forever belt, dbl. prong 13mm... I 've used a Titan Toro also, but I outgrew it.

Both are good affordable belts, but I agree w/ Irondiggy, in that the 13mm is a very thick stiff belt... Good for sqauts but tuff sometimes to reach the bar while D.lifting... Esp. w/ a suit on!

ct67_72
01-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I use an inzer 10mm single prong for benching, and one of their economy belts for everything else. the forever belt is too stiff for me and feels like its going to break my ribs when I deadlift. so I use the thinner economy belt.
my next bench belt will be a titan with the thin back though. interested to try it out

mr handy
01-02-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm waiting for ATP to get there belts back in stock. I sent and e-mail and they said that they will have some belts in stock shortly and a full shipment by the end of the month. All there belts are $50+- and they have coupons floating around everywhere. I figure I will pick up a pair of the convict knee sleeves while I'm at it.