PDA

View Full Version : When having lot's of Protein is it important to have lot's of water?

kretschy
12-23-2009, 07:28 PM
I read when having protein it's important to have lots of water too. I have about 80g of protein a day, and I weigh about 110 pounds, is it important to have water with that... if so approximately how much?

skinny99
12-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Protein or not,if you are lifting you need to be properly hydrated! Drink enough so your piss is pretty clear and then drink a little extra! You will be fine. For most guys around 200lbs that is close to a gallon a day! You prob wont need that much at 110lbs but over 1/2 gallon for sure! IMO

bhsf2006
01-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Here is a good article about drinking water and weightlifting: http://www.gain-weight-muscle-fast.com/drink-water.html

Mercuryblade
01-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I read when having protein it's important to have lots of water too. I have about 80g of protein a day, and I weigh about 110 pounds, is it important to have water with that... if so approximately how much?

There is a lot of debate about whether or not you can damage your kidneys with a high protein diet and not enough water...
Regardless, drinking water is easy, cheap, safe and has a lot of benefits. I just keep a bottle of water at my desk that I refill throughout the day.

VikingWarlord
01-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Why would anyone NOT drink a lot of water regardless of their protein intake?

Mercuryblade
01-04-2010, 11:01 AM
Why would anyone NOT drink a lot of water regardless of their protein intake?

In this hectic, modern day, world I just don't have enough time to get in adequate water.