PDA

View Full Version : cardio and weights on the same day?

cantspell
04-30-2002, 10:13 PM
Hello, i was wondering if it does any harm to do my cardio (which i would do after weights) on the same day? Or is it best to simply alternate days?

Thanks.

NateDogg
05-01-2002, 10:39 AM
What are your goals?

ND

cantspell
05-01-2002, 10:13 PM
Well, i generally want to gain size, however i have a little weight to loose to get to my ideal body image...so muscle gain is my priority.

Budiak
05-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Pick one, lose or gain. If you havent been in the sport long enough to know exactly how your body will react to every calorie you eat, like many of us, focus on just one goal.

Plus I think that doing any substantive amount of cardio after weight training will screw you in some fashion because that time is generally reserved for the consumption of mass quantities of food.

Yay for motorcycles!

Shocker
05-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Pick one, lose or gain. If you havent been in the sport long enough to know exactly how your body will react to every calorie you eat, like many of us, focus on just one goal.

Plus I think that doing any substantive amount of cardio after weight training will screw you in some fashion because that time is generally reserved for the consumption of mass quantities of food.

Yay for motorcycles!

exactly

sysopt
05-01-2002, 11:55 PM
I think cardio should be left for the days you dont lift.