PDA

View Full Version : Brute Strength Gym's Strongest Man

Jason Mullens
12-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Brute Strength Gymís Strongest Man II
(North American Strongman Inc. Membership required of all contestants)

PROMOTER: Brute Strength Gym

DATE: Saturday January 9, 2010

TIME: 11:00am

836 Poplar Hall Drive
Norfolk, VA 23502

HOTEL: Savannah Suites
5649 Lowery Road
Norfolk, VA 23502
(757) 213-5454

WEIGH-INS: Friday January 8th 6pm-8pm
Saturday January 9th 8am-10am

RULES: 10:30am

DIVISIONS: MENS OPEN 200lb and under, 201-231 LW; 231.5-265 over 265 HW
WOMENS OPEN
MASTERS OPEN
NOVICE OPEN

EVENTS:
Press Medley (Log, Axle, Keg, Circus Dumbbell)
Car Deadlift
Conanís Wheel
Medley (Farmers Walk, Chain Drag, Power Stairs)
Stones
Events subject to change without notice

AWARDS: Awards for 1st- - 3rd place in each division.

ENTRY FEES: $50.00 (All athletes must have a current NAS membership card. Cards may be purchased contest day for $40)

ENTRY DEADLINE: December 18th ($10 Late fee)

mastermonster
12-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Everybody should do at least one strongman meet if you want to get a real sense of how hard they are. I did one at 52 Y.O a couple of years ago. I was happy to do pretty well (3rd) and not get hurt! I probably won't do another at this point but I'll always be glad I did that one (Georgia's Strongest Man). I watch the sport on TV now with a whole different understanding of what they go through than before.

Jason Mullens
12-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Everybody should do at least one strongman meet if you want to get a real sense of how hard they are. I did one at 52 Y.O a couple of years ago. I was happy to do pretty well (3rd) and not get hurt! I probably won't do another at this point but I'll always be glad I did that one (Georgia's Strongest Man). I watch the sport on TV now with a whole different understanding of what they go through than before.

Bro I completely agree with you. I would love to see more participation, athletes, and understanding of the sport. When I do get to the point where my body can't take anymore I'll still sit back and watch but with great admiration.