PDA

View Full Version : EFS wrist wraps?

jtteg_x
12-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Anyone here tried EFS brand wrist wraps? The thumb loops on my Inzer True Blacks snapped and I'm looking for a replacement. The Inzer blacks had great comfort and support. I'm considering the EFS Heavy wrist wrap: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=139&pid=3018 but there out of stock. Next choice is the Super Heavy but I don't think that would be necessary for someone reaching 500lb bench?

KarstenDD
12-26-2009, 04:21 PM
They're both great. The all black ones are the best wraps I've ever worn. The black and white ones seem to be rebranded APT Convicts, which are still a damn fine wrap.

douglasoh5
12-26-2009, 04:49 PM
both are good wraps...as far as strength of wrap in compairson to actual strength i really dont think that matters....Its all of what you like...some ppl dont like a crazy wrap and some do. I like a med strength wrap in most of my training. when i go heavy on bench i switch to a stronger wrap

Detard
12-26-2009, 04:55 PM
If they are anything like the Convicts (look almost identical) then they should be great.

robchris
12-26-2009, 04:57 PM
APT convicts rule!!!

Never used the EFS but I know elitefs carries good stuff. BTW, are you benching raw or geared?
RC

vdizenzo
12-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I switched from Inzer to the APT convicts and never looked back. When I became sponsored by EFS I started wearing the EFS heavy wraps which I believe as Karsten said, are rebranded convicts. However, Karsten showed me the way, the super heavy EFS wraps are bad ass. I don't think they are too much for anyone, you can tighten them up to your need.

jtteg_x
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
I picked up the super heavys and these are some heavy duty wraps! the thumb loops on these are much more thick and durable than my previous inzers (which is why i bought a replacement). the EFS super heavy wrist wraps feel similar to Titan THP's but thicker and stretchier material. some pics...

jtteg_x
01-05-2010, 12:35 AM
5 pic limit. some more

Travis Bell
01-05-2010, 04:52 AM
I've been using the APT Convicts for quite some time and feel they are a really good wrap. At my last meet I grabbed Lones' all black wraps from ETS and was super impressed. I like how thick they are. Very good wraps

AdamBAG
01-05-2010, 07:48 AM
I use the super-heavies from EFS and they are great. I also have APT convicts and like them too, but the thumb loop is not as durable as the ones from EFS.

skinny99
01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
You think the super heavies will be to much for someone benching upper 275ish? I want some wraps for bench and OHP and EFS is out of the reg ones. I can wait,but won't if those will work. Thanks

Sean S
01-26-2010, 01:08 PM
You think the super heavies will be to much for someone benching upper 275ish? I want some wraps for bench and OHP and EFS is out of the reg ones. I can wait,but won't if those will work. Thanks

In my opinion they would be fine. You can always wrap them looser if you want less support, but since they are pretty heavy you always have the option of going tighter as you get stronger and need more support.

Lones Green
01-26-2010, 01:16 PM
I've been using the APT Convicts for quite some time and feel they are a really good wrap. At my last meet I grabbed Lones' all black wraps from ETS and was super impressed. I like how thick they are. Very good wraps

You mean APT? They were the 2XH from APT

You Atlarge whore, haha

skinny99
01-26-2010, 01:37 PM
In my opinion they would be fine. You can always wrap them looser if you want less support, but since they are pretty heavy you always have the option of going tighter as you get stronger and need more support.

Yeah I am gonna get stronger i just didn't want these to be unusable. Cool gonna order some! Thanks Sean

AdamBAG
01-26-2010, 02:13 PM
I don't think wrist wraps have a "you need to bench X to use this wrap" type of sizing/strength. I think it depends on how you like your wraps to feel. I have the EFS superheavies and I really like. I like them better than the convicts from APT. They remind me of a convict with some softer material on the outside so they "flex" a bit around your wrist. Really good wrap and EFS alwways has good prices on them.

jtteg_x
01-26-2010, 03:02 PM
With the EFS Super Heavy wraps, you gotta wrap them real tight in order to serve its purpose. Putting them on loosely doesn't stretch out the material (real stiff btw) and the support is minimal by doing so. The feel is cast like and if you like that feel, then go for it. If you plan to do OH pressing, JM press, extension work of that nature, then you will hate it ;)

Travis Bell
01-26-2010, 03:33 PM
You mean APT? They were the 2XH from APT

You Atlarge whore, haha

haha good catch!

My mistake, I thought those were EFS wraps, not APT.

I'll have to get my hands on some EFS ones and give them a shot

skinny99
01-26-2010, 05:34 PM
With the EFS Super Heavy wraps, you gotta wrap them real tight in order to serve its purpose. Putting them on loosely doesn't stretch out the material (real stiff btw) and the support is minimal by doing so. The feel is cast like and if you like that feel, then go for it. If you plan to do OH pressing, JM press, extension work of that nature, then you will hate it ;)

Well I ordered before your response! :( Is there a middle ground on tightness? I have made bigger $20 mistakes in less time so if I hate them I will order the next step down next month.

Jon Elick
01-26-2010, 06:11 PM
I use the super-heavies from EFS and they are great. I also have APT convicts and like them too, but the thumb loop is not as durable as the ones from EFS.
APT has upgraded the thickness/material of the thumb loops...

jtteg_x
01-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Well I ordered before your response! :( Is there a middle ground on tightness? I have made bigger $20 mistakes in less time so if I hate them I will order the next step down next month.

you don't necessarily have to jack them up to get the full support. but you will notice that the more stretch you give it, the greater support you'll get. if your using these for anything other than bb benching, you will hate it.
i have some old school red APT 12" wrist wraps i can donate if u need something for your extension work. u just gotta pay shipping. there more on the comfort side.