PDA

View Full Version : Fibre in your diet

tryme
12-26-2009, 02:50 PM
Is fibre just as important as protein in your bodybuilding? I mean, alot of people will say bread is bad for body building but fibre is imporant. I want to get a six pack but thought that too much fibre would add fat around my waist? Is this a common misconseption?

platypus
12-26-2009, 03:32 PM
fiber is as essential as anything. trust me, you don't want to be ****ting out pure protein blocks every few hours. i learned that the hard way, added some fiber into my diet, and was fine. you need to incorporate a diverse diet into your lifestyle. protein is a tremendous aspect of lifting, but carbs/fats and vital nutrients/minerals are just as important.

tom183
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Fibre is important, make sure you're getting enough. There are plenty of good sources other than bread.

pandospace
12-26-2009, 07:43 PM
yeah fiber is the **** (literally) i use wheat bran which is literally all fiber..about a 30g scoop in my oatmeal

fiber may affect iron absorption so i have heard so take that into consideration..

and vegetables/fruits > bread when it comes to fiber since bread wasnt here 10,000 yrs ago

JK1
12-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Fibre is important, make sure you're getting enough. There are plenty of good sources other than bread.

Yup. 12-15 prunes a day.... low cost, great taste, excellent results.

tryme
12-27-2009, 02:39 AM
ok thanks guys, I was under the impression too much fiber or even just slightly too much would make you get fat around your belly.

David Trantham
12-27-2009, 07:14 AM
yeas you diffentlywant to make sure youhave plenty of fiber in yourdiet everyday, i think the RDA is about 30-35 grams per day. (eat you fruits and veg,oatmeal,etc you should have no problem.