PDA

View Full Version : exercise videos sticky

george okunev
12-28-2009, 09:01 PM
If there is such a thing, I am sorry. If there isn't, can there be.

A sticky in the powerlifting forum where members can upload videos of excersises and a list of abriviations.

eg, the tate press, then a video and under it a list of other names and/or abriviations it can also be called.

that way you build up a database of various exrecises that members can pick from.

Travis Bell
12-28-2009, 09:07 PM
There is a small library of exercise videos on www.AtLargeNutrition.com which might be of help

george okunev
12-28-2009, 10:03 PM
I'll have a look at it. I think it will be a great idea to have here. You read the posts of some pro lifters here and you see that they call some excersises by there own names or they abreviate them. Plus they might have there own unique take on an excersise. I am sure that you your self Travis would have a few items modified that have served you well. It would be great to see some videos. This all started with a training session I had with a pro bencher from Serbia. I had alot of problems touching in a shirt. He explained that I lacked upper back strength. All he told me to do was wide grib rows but rather then having my fingers/grib over the bar, cghange it to an under grib on the bar. It focused alot more effort on my inner lats and within a month I touched in the same shirt at the same bodyweight but with 45lbs less weight on the bar. It can be the smallest thing that you need to change that gives you the biggest benefits.

slashkills
12-28-2009, 10:31 PM
maybe this is something that wbb can add to each newsletter? a new exercise description and video each week.

Schameson
12-29-2009, 12:28 AM
The EliteFTS exercise index may be just the thing you're looking for.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/default.asp?tid=51

ExRx isn't bad either. Click on a muscle and it has video demos of common exercises (not necessarily powerlifting-specific) for that muscle.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html