PDA

View Full Version : Spice up Chicken!

Narinder
05-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Hiya People! I roasted the chicken parts yesterday, it turned out nice :)

It tasted a bit plain though, is there anyway I can spice up the flavour?

The same goes with chicken breasts ?

And what is the best way to cook chicken breasts?

Behemoth
05-01-2002, 01:33 PM
I get a skillet and fry all my chicken, try some hot sauce, salsa, or fat free ranch dressing on it, all are excellent!

Tryska
05-01-2002, 04:18 PM
yeah hot sauce is good on roast chicken as well....but you could try all kinds of seasonings. some good one for chicken are:

lemon, black pepper and some thyme
cajun seasoning
italian seasoning
lemon, garlic and butter
soy sauce and red pepper flakes or teriayaki
barbecue sauce

really there's a mess of flavors your can use.

Narinder
05-01-2002, 04:33 PM
When do I add the seasoning, before, during or after the cooked chicken?

Sorry people, I'm kinda new to cooking so I'm just learning :)

Tryska
05-01-2002, 04:47 PM
before hand.

umm..let's take the first combo for instance.......you would rub the meat down with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice, and then sprinkle with thyme and start roasting.

same goes for all the other combos. basically just rub the seasonings all over the meat and then cook it.

iLUDEd
05-01-2002, 10:38 PM
let the seasoning sink into the chicken for a while 2..

Tiare
05-05-2002, 08:12 AM
I have a good recipe for chicken breast that's very tasty.

1st pound out the chicken breast then marinade it for 10 minutes in water and tomato (I use canned tomato's -diced) with thyme, cumin, salt, pepper and celery.

Put it in the oven and cook it for about an hour (covered) at 350 to 400 degrees. Make sure the chicken breast is always covered with the juice (add water).

comes out tasting fantastic, no added fats and almost no added sugars. You can easily seperate the chicken from the juices if you want. good luck!

G-B
05-05-2002, 10:06 AM
Wash the chicken breast good...place it in some tin foil and sprinkle garlic salt all over it. Then wrap up the tinfoil and place in over to cook...

body
05-05-2002, 10:14 AM
you can add many herbs to the chicken, basil, pasrley, coriander etc.

if you have access to big holed needles, you can inject the chicken so the flavour gets deep into the chicken. thats what food indusrty to get flavoured whole chicken. also it keep the yield up(keep the chicken mosit and stops it drying).

the drug abuse clinic have them, just pretend you want them for drugs and you can get them. there are a couple in west yorkshire.

Narinder
05-05-2002, 10:55 AM
does marinate mean roll over the chicken ?

body
05-05-2002, 11:11 AM
marinate means to soak the chicken in a liquid.

roll over may not pick up enough flaovur and liquid to soak into the chicken to add flavour.

Tryska
05-05-2002, 11:27 AM
*lmao@using needle exchange syringes to flavor chicken*

Reinier
05-05-2002, 12:29 PM
lol as for the spices you forgot oregano

body
05-05-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
*lmao@using needle exchange syringes to flavor chicken*

I am the only person to abuse a needle exchange place.

not sure where you are form narinder but there is one in huddersfield that's where i got my needles for my chicken from.

thalapathi
05-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Tryska- Thanks for the chicken recipe. Tried it out today and it was great. I just added a little more red chilli powder to make it spicy.

Tryska
05-05-2002, 03:32 PM
thalapathi - ace. you mean the curry recipe? either way glad it worked for ya man. ;)

body- shame on you. there are penniless addicts out there that count on those syringes to keep them disease-free. tuttut

mr_hand
05-06-2002, 12:18 PM
How much Lemon should you squirt over the chicken before you grill it to give a nice flavor?

body
05-06-2002, 12:54 PM
depends on how lemon flavour you like to come through.