PDA

View Full Version : Maxing out set up?

djenkins76
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Happy New Year, Hope every ones training go great.

I'm looking to max out on the big three next Monday Wednesday and Thursday.
My goals are a 600-615 squat, 415-425 bench and 600 dead lift. My question is i have a problem with the weights and reps used to get to them weight i want to hit, in recent attempts i have used wendlers article on max effort to set up my max outs. Was wondering if some one could help me out with setting up my attempts. Thanks have a great one.

Judas
12-30-2009, 08:03 AM
Happy New Year, Hope every ones training go great.

I'm looking to max out on the big three next Monday Wednesday and Thursday.
My goals are a 600-615 squat, 415-425 bench and 600 dead lift. My question is i have a problem with the weights and reps used to get to them weight i want to hit, in recent attempts i have used wendlers article on max effort to set up my max outs. Was wondering if some one could help me out with setting up my attempts. Thanks have a great one.

**** man, with those weights it looks like you should be answering a question like this question instead ov asking it. You probably know yourself by now better than anyone here.

ScottYard
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Keep it simple and light.

Were some sweats to warm up and get loose, this way you get warmer faster with less sets and reps.

If you want 600 in the squat do this

135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 2
405 for 1
500 for 1
go for goal

Dont waste any effort on the warm ups and dont be afraid of big jumps.

On the bench
135 for 5
225 for 3
315 for 1
Go for goal

On the pull you can go pretty easy your body is very warm. When I pulled 750 last meet the heaviest warm up I did was 405. I was plenty warm from the squatting and benching but if you dont feel comfortable doing that do the same warm up proression as the squat