PDA

View Full Version : 19 year old high bar squats 772 RAW!

Notorious
12-29-2009, 05:46 PM
3xFm9q1HBKY&fmt=18

Not even a belt. Insane!

ehopkins932
12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Pretty ridiculous strength

teeroy
12-29-2009, 06:03 PM
and ATG. wow!!!

SecondSucks
12-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Went from a 320kg to 350kg in 6-7 weeks too i believe.

Nvm he actually did the 320 back towards late September.

k1DJ8odNf-M

HeavyBomber
12-29-2009, 07:00 PM
That's unbeleivable!

Hey I often wonder, what happens if a guy fails or has a problem getting it back to the supports?

cpa5oh
12-29-2009, 07:49 PM
Wow I feel bad about using side spotters now.

ZenMonkey
12-29-2009, 07:54 PM
That's unbeleivable!

Hey I often wonder, what happens if a guy fails or has a problem getting it back to the supports?

Just bail... bumper plates bounce!

1400total
12-29-2009, 08:15 PM
insane

slashkills
12-29-2009, 09:23 PM
holy ****

View 1
12-29-2009, 10:23 PM
Damn crazy strength.

patos
12-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Damn. At this pace, this guy is going to gold it up in the olympics.

mastermonster
12-29-2009, 11:00 PM
My computer's not playing it! Darn it! I'd love to see that! A lot of strong young guys coming up! That's great!

teeroy
12-29-2009, 11:31 PM
My computer's not playing it! Darn it! I'd love to see that! A lot of strong young guys coming up! That's great!

Maybe it will play it for you directly from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xFm9q1HBKY&feature=player_embedded

Travis Bell
12-30-2009, 06:46 AM
Very impressive squat

brihead301
12-30-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think he went deep enough....

Holy s***!!!

Saverio
12-30-2009, 10:07 AM
I don't think he went deep enough....

Holy s***!!!

I thought for second I had wandered into Powerlifting Watch.com

Cmanuel
12-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Isnt this pat mendes, the guy on track for the olympics?

T o m m Y
12-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Isnt this pat mendes, the guy on track for the olympics?

Yes Sir

roots
12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Pat Mendes is insanely strong

Brian C
12-30-2009, 09:27 PM
God Dam thats just F'n amazing

Brian Hopper
12-30-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice!!!

Judas
12-31-2009, 06:38 AM
Thats what happens when you max out your squats EVERY day and dont die... . . .

chris mason
12-31-2009, 09:08 AM
Very strong indeed.

jp2
12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
That's crazy!

douglasoh5
12-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Dang...dudes a beast

CosmicForce
12-31-2009, 10:00 PM
WOW! Man-child front squats 600lbs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMBsGbWBlX8

abbcccxyyzzz
01-01-2010, 06:11 AM
Amazingly strong!

Looks like he is going do develop bad knees by bouncing out of the bottom like that.

Rugby Dad
01-02-2010, 07:36 PM
so this kid is really only 19 ?
unbelievably strong, I take it he trains for Oly style?
what's his background, how long he's been training like this? at 19 I guess not too many years?

chris mason
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Amazingly strong!

Looks like he is going do develop bad knees by bouncing out of the bottom like that.

He is an Olympic lifter. You have to be able to tolerate a bounce like that when you perform a max squat clean or snatch, thus that is how they train. It isn't overly dangerous for them because they have gradually worked up to the heavy loads they use in training and have allowed the connective tissues time to acclimate.

C-Sobrino
01-03-2010, 07:51 AM
His coach said he trains 2 times a day, 7 days a week using the Bulgarian style. Max effort every session on cleans, jerks, snatches, squats, front squats and power variations of the olympic lifts. His coach trained and lived with Krastev.

abbcccxyyzzz
01-04-2010, 06:07 AM
He is an Olympic lifter. You have to be able to tolerate a bounce like that when you perform a max squat clean or snatch, thus that is how they train. It isn't overly dangerous for them because they have gradually worked up to the heavy loads they use in training and have allowed the connective tissues time to acclimate.

Oh okay. When I used to do deep one legged squats I would bounce out of the bottom, and I had constant knee pain; as soon as I stopped doing those. The pain weight away.

Lones Green
01-04-2010, 07:28 AM
His coach said he trains 2 times a day, 7 days a week using the Bulgarian style. Max effort every session on cleans, jerks, snatches, squats, front squats and power variations of the olympic lifts. His coach trained and lived with Krastev.

This is badass

C-Sobrino
01-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Heh you have to hear the guy's coach talk. The first time he snatched x kg. he tried to weight 56 times till he got it. Now that is dedication to a number!

JSully
01-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I wish I had that kind of recovery.

chris mason
01-04-2010, 12:32 PM

Which brings up a great point for powerlifting. A lot of Louie's system is based on both the Russian and Bulgarian systems. The reason Louie doesn't max out out every session like that is because the powerlifts don't lend themselves to it. The powerlifts stress the musculature and body in general to a much greater degree by design than Olympic lifts.

Rugby Dad
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM

OK now I have to ask... so how much juice this kid shooting?
on top of those insanely big numbers he's putting up at tender age of 19, he works out 2 x each day , every day!!
he's not natural.

one rep under
01-08-2010, 04:30 PM
I hope you aren't serious... I mean it is entirely possible that he is using steroids but i wouldn't jump the gun and call him on it.

Youth and genetics have a great deal to do with recovery. If I'm not mistaken don't most Russian/ Bulgarian/ Eastern Bloc and Chinese Olympic lifters train twice a day? If these guys are doing it I don't understand why it is suddenly impossible for an American teenager to do the same thing.

Regardless, I wouldn't proclaim unnatural unless I was absolutely sure.

gatorman2k6
01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I hope you aren't serious... I mean it is entirely possible that he is using steroids but i wouldn't jump the gun and call him on it.

Youth and genetics have a great deal to do with recovery. If I'm not mistaken don't most Russian/ Bulgarian/ Eastern Bloc and Chinese Olympic lifters train twice a day? If these guys are doing it I don't understand why it is suddenly impossible for an American teenager to do the same thing.

I completely agree. You can't just make that statement unless you have some facts behind it. I'm pretty sure most olympic lifters train multiple times per day and almost everyday of the week. I know Fuzzy, who posts here, is training to one day compete in the olympics and I'm pretty sure he has said this too.

Don't just assume that because he is stronger than you that he must be shooting up. (In regards to Rugby Dad's statement)

TXslapshot
01-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Sick lifts!

JSully
01-08-2010, 06:45 PM
OK now I have to ask... so how much juice this kid shooting?
on top of those insanely big numbers he's putting up at tender age of 19, he works out 2 x each day , every day!!
he's not natural.
I agree, but those #s are still awesome

and why not point fingers? can you proclaim natural? are you absolutely sure? I don't care if he's natural or not, he's got some amazing accomplishments. Watch Bigger Stronger Faster and you'll have a new idea about steroids in the olympics.

I completely agree. You can't just make that statement unless you have some facts behind it. I'm pretty sure most olympic lifters train multiple times per day and almost everyday of the week. I know Fuzzy, who posts here, is training to one day compete in the olympics and I'm pretty sure he has said this too.

Don't just assume that because he is stronger than you that he must be shooting up. (In regards to Rugby Dad's statement)
Fuzzy doesn't train to a max effort twice a day, every day, 7 days a week either. And he's also not ATFing 772 raw either..

I could actually believe a drug free 772 raw claim easier than I can believe training maximal efforts twice a day, every day, 7 days a week and being drug free.. When does he recover? All the calories in the world can't juice up the CNS that fast.

Then again, we also don't know his entire routine. He could be doing one or two lifts twice a day with only one ME lift.. with a very low volume and high intensity, I'm sure he coudl go about training this way, until his body burns out.. which it will...

Hard to determine natural or unnatural really.. but I'll call it like I see and and agree with Rugby Dad..

Regardless, does it matter? That's a ****ing sick lift!!

gatorman2k6
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM
JSully, I agree that it doesn't matter and that it is an amazing lift either way. I was just trying to say that there was no reason for asking that. Whether he uses or not, he is still lifting the weight and there is no point in taking away from that accomplishment. Innocent until proven guilty.

robchris
01-08-2010, 07:38 PM
JSully, I agree that it doesn't matter and that it is an amazing lift either way. I was just trying to say that there was no reason for asking that. Whether he uses or not, he is still lifting the weight and there is no point in taking away from that accomplishment. Innocent until proven guilty.

Well said... This is not a anabolic debate. We have a forum for that as well!

Strong kid indeed!:bow:

SELK
01-08-2010, 08:35 PM
Which brings up a great point for powerlifting. A lot of Louie's system is based on both the Russian and Bulgarian systems. The reason Louie doesn't max out out every session like that is because the powerlifts don't lend themselves to it. The powerlifts stress the musculature and body in general to a much greater degree by design than Olympic lifts.

But they do hit a 1rm 5+ times a week in the squat it seems.

joey54
01-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe these numbers he hits in training aren't as close to his max as some think.

JSully
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM

IMO, even if steroids are used, it doesn't take away from the lift.

Regardless of what kind of assistance you get, you've got to break ****ing balls to nail a 772 squat and bury it like that.

I understand where you're coming from and there are different ways to ask IMO and it's very difficult to tell the demeanor when not in person. I can almost immediately spot when someone's on and I'll ask them in a manner tha is not derrogatory. That's where inexperienced guys fail, when they're like "oh, but you're on steroids huh?"..

Like I said, I don't care one way or another, thats why they have tested and untested federations.

I think this is the 30th time I've watched that vid and **** I'm blown away every time.. so awesome

tomv
01-09-2010, 08:04 AM
Hmmm... 30kg(66lbs) off of the Powerlifting Australia National Squat record... Which was done with a belt, wraps & a suit!

That boy kicks ass, best of luck to him!

CosmicForce
01-09-2010, 09:00 AM
I thought the Bulgarian program was 6 days a week not 7 days a week so they do have one day of rest.

Here is an example of a Bulgarian program (preparation of the National Team for the 1980 Olympics):

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
09:00-10:00 am: Snatch
10:30-11:30 am: Clean and Jerk
11:30-12:30 pm: Clean pulls
05:00-06:00 pm: Clean and Jerk
06:30-07:30 pm: Snatch
07:30-08:00 pm: Front Squat
08:00-08:30 pm: Snatch Pulls

Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday

09:00-10:00 am: Snatch from the hang
10:30-11:30 am: Partial Jerks
11:30-12:00 pm: Back Squat
12:00-12:30 pm: Power Clean
12:30-01:30 pm: Snatch and Clean Pulls

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/cissek.htm

JSully
01-09-2010, 01:21 PM
I thought the Bulgarian program was 6 days a week not 7 days a week so they do have one day of rest.

that's a crazy program

CosmicForce
01-09-2010, 03:20 PM
that's a crazy programFront Squat 3 days/week and Back Squat the other 3 days of the week is torture.