DLgain09
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Can someone tell me the best types of food to eat for bulking

Off Road
12-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Meat, eggs, milk, cheese...lots of it.

ThomasG
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Lots of food in general. Don't listen to the fools that tell you to go to mcdonalds and order a #3 with a large coke a fries on a daily or weekly basis

Stick to whole foods take it slow 1lb per week. I eat lots of meat, milk, peanut butter, rice, veggies etc....

Nicky
12-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Go to mcdonalds and order a #3 with a large coke a fries on a daily or weekly basis.

DLgain09
12-30-2009, 07:41 PM
haha alright

ThomasG
12-30-2009, 08:37 PM
You seem happy to hear that advice lol. And Nicky, I hope you're not serious.

Off Road
12-30-2009, 08:59 PM
I eat out two or three times a month...I look forward to it :)

Nicky
12-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Nicky, I hope you're not serious.

Nah I just copy/paste what you said not to do. Although I do enjoy an occasional #3.

ThomasG
12-30-2009, 10:13 PM
I eat out two or three times a month...I look forward to it :)

I do as well when bulking. Never McDonalds, if I want something cheap and quick I go to a deli.

ThomasG
12-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Nah I just copy/paste what you said not to do. Although I do enjoy an occasional #3.

Yea there's nothing wrong with that while bulking. Fast food wise I like carls jr meat its more real and thick and better. I never get fries or soda though.

Off Road
12-30-2009, 10:45 PM
My eat-out cheat meals usually consist of chinese food...General's chicken :)

ThomasG
12-31-2009, 05:43 AM
My eat-out cheat meals usually consist of chinese food...General's chicken :)

Nice. When I sign a big client sometimes I reward myself with some generals chicken and sesame seed chicken. I'll get two family entrees and go to town haha.

skinny99
12-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Yea there's nothing wrong with that while bulking. Fast food wise I like carls jr meat its more real and thick and better. I never get fries or soda though.

Some of these guys that say they can't gain would do well to eat at Mcd's or whatever! Not a good solution for the long term though!

My cheat meal is always Pizza!

ThomasG
12-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Some of these guys that say they can't gain would do well to eat at Mcd's or whatever! Not a good solution for the long term though!

My cheat meal is always Pizza!

Yea in some rare cases but most guys that say that can't gain are full of ****. I call BS on 90% of the people that can't gain on clean bulking. It's not that hard to get 6,000 calories a day from clean foods. I mean I drink chocolate milk on a weekly basis and sometimes I mix ice cream with my shakes that's as dirty as I get.

skinny99
12-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Yea in some rare cases but most guys that say that can't gain are full of ****. I call BS on 90% of the people that can't gain on clean bulking. It's not that hard to get 6,000 calories a day from clean foods. I mean I drink chocolate milk on a weekly basis and sometimes I mix ice cream with my shakes that's as dirty as I get.

Yeah but the guys that know how to correctly do it aren't complaining about not gaining! There are a lot of less than dedicated lifters out there. Mcd's would prob still be better than nothing for a guy that is 6' 160lbs!

ThomasG
12-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah but the guys that know how to correctly do it aren't complaining about not gaining! There are a lot of less than dedicated lifters out there. Mcd's would prob still be better than nothing for a guy that is 6' 160lbs!

ok??? Obviously it would be better than nothing. So you're telling the op to be lazy about it? It's not like we're in a famine or anything. I'm sure he lives by a couple grocery stores.

skinny99
12-31-2009, 03:36 PM
ok??? Obviously it would be better than nothing. So you're telling the op to be lazy about it? It's not like we're in a famine or anything. I'm sure he lives by a couple grocery stores.

No I think that the very best thing the OP can do is to eat lots of meat,vegetables and drink lots of milk. Very best thing he could do! Clean would be best!

However OP is 17 years old and 153 pounds and wants to get bigger! If he doesn't take the advice and eat correctly then I would rather him eat McD's then to not eat! I know at 17 always having the time and dedication to be totally prepared would have been very hard!

Skalami
12-31-2009, 06:37 PM
So i think the lesson here is: eat meat! Eat meat from grocery store or fresh from deli preferably but if low on time/money then its better then not eating (or eating something with no protein) to go to McDonalds and try to get something thats mostly meat ideally a grilled chicken but a quarter pounder with one or both buns removed works for me personally. Just know you can NEVER order fries...EVER... its a completely meaningless food....never shouldve been invented. And if youre having trouble avoiding the bad foods, just look up whats in them or how theyre produced, the best stuff for you is usually the least repulsive (except for meat unless its organic)

Logan
12-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Peanut butter and food with lots of fat. Because fats do have the most calories.

jp2
12-31-2009, 07:10 PM
Steak!

4g64fiero
12-31-2009, 11:17 PM
Beef/milk/chicken.

If you are cutting simply eat less. If you are bulking simply eat more.

ThomasG
01-01-2010, 07:38 PM
No I think that the very best thing the OP can do is to eat lots of meat,vegetables and drink lots of milk. Very best thing he could do! Clean would be best!

However OP is 17 years old and 153 pounds and wants to get bigger! If he doesn't take the advice and eat correctly then I would rather him eat McD's then to not eat! I know at 17 always having the time and dedication to be totally prepared would have been very hard!

No shyt...

You're posting as if I told him not to eat. And whats with all the exclamation points lol?

procads
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM
eat smaller meals through out the day.. that is much more important than what you are eating..

i was use to eat lots of Soya when i started bulking.. i have found it to be a good source of protein..

if possible MASH up the things in the blender before you eat.. this way the stuff will become easily digestible..

mr handy
01-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Forget Mcdonolds... 5 Guys is where it's at. Real french fries and real meat.
But I'm lazy and I need to gain about 20/30 lb before I can give anyone advise on how to bulk. Basically I have been trying to tell myself to eat something every time I walk through the kitchen.

Nicky
01-01-2010, 08:43 PM
eat smaller meals through out the day.. that is much more important than what you are eating..

I disagree. What you eat and how much you eat is more important than trying to eat smaller meals throughout the day.

DLgain09
01-02-2010, 10:10 AM
You seem happy to hear that advice lol. And Nicky, I hope you're not serious.

no i was laughing at nicky and saying alright to the other sorry i didnt make that clear

DLgain09
01-02-2010, 03:51 PM
About how many calories should you eat on top of your usual diet while bulking or does it depend?

skinny99
01-02-2010, 04:15 PM
No shyt...

You're posting as if I told him not to eat. And whats with all the exclamation points lol?

I forget to use periods. I get in the habit of exclamation points. I am trying to break it right now. LOL!

And trust me we are trying to convey the same message,however the OP needs to eat more period even if it means "dirty".

OP you need to eat above your maintenance level. The general thought is between 500-1000 calories a day. That should be enough to gain weight,help with recovery and keep energized while lifting heavy.

Do you track your calories? If not you can use a program like www.fitday.com

newfarris
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Hemp hearts are high in protein and good fats:

"Whole hemp seeds contain approximately 25% protein, 31% fat (in the form of a nutritious oil), and 34% carbohydrates, in addition to an interesting array of vitamins and minerals."

Quinoa is great, it has a good amount of protein (and of course it's mostly carbohydrates), lots of vitamins, etc. It's great for putting into soups.

Once you're sure you have your proteins (and good fats) high enough, then you can fill out the rest of your calories with something very calorie dense such as fats (coconut oil is a great choice, or Udo's Oil blend) or with everyone's favorite- carbs yummm.

Smack
01-03-2010, 06:54 AM
Milk, bread, pasta, meat, melted cheese on everything, mayonnaise, olive oil, etc.

skinnylegs
01-03-2010, 04:27 PM
First post at this site so go easy on me...

I can't do the 6 meal a day thing so I have three 700 cal. meals primarily consisting of eggs, meat, bread, cheese and veges. I also drink half a gallon of milk each day. This gives me a daily intake of about 3600 calories. I'm 6' tall and I'm a buck forty soaking wet so this is quite a bit of food for a guy my size. I plan on slowly increasing my caloric intake but at this point in time, I can only eat so much in a given day without feeling sick, which becomes counter-productive.

Call me optimistic but after only a couple weeks, I'm already seeing a difference. I have decided to not weigh myself until after three months.

I plan on posting before and after pics later on but right now it's a bit early in the game.

I'd appreciate any input in terms of my diet.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am also very involved in weight training. Duh.

cphafner
01-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Call me optimistic but after only a couple weeks, I'm already seeing a difference. I have decided to not weigh myself until after three months.

That's not smart. You need to weigh yourself to make sure you are continually adding weight and adjusting your diet as need. Once a week or at most every 2 weeks would be more prudent.

skinnylegs
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
That's not smart. You need to weigh yourself to make sure you are continually adding weight and adjusting your diet as need. Once a week or at most every 2 weeks would be more prudent.Advice taken. I'll do a Friday weigh-in each week and adjust accordingly.

Thanks.

Astreocclu
01-09-2010, 01:26 PM
well 5-7 meals throughout the day do make it much easier to eat more

sabretooth
01-16-2010, 09:36 PM
anybody got any bulking suggestions for a guy on a buget with a microwave and a mini fridge

ironwill727
01-17-2010, 03:06 AM
I eat Wendy's 2-3x a week as my 2nd post workout meal. 2 Grilled Chicken Go wraps = 500 cals 34 pro 49 carb 19 fat. Wendys has better choices in terms of healthy food in comparison to McDOnalds or Bk.

As a general bodybuilding answer I would say Milk, Protein powder, Peanut Butter, Meat, Chicken, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Fruit, blah blah.

Now if you are a skinny hardgainer through in some ice cream, milkshakes, pizza, all that stuff once in awhile. ( I have not had pizza or milkshakes in months I need some)

hammerin adam
01-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Hamburger Helper, Sloppy Joes, make soup in bulk, stews.