PDA

View Full Version : Question about EFS Short Bands

tntsl
01-01-2010, 03:16 PM
I've ordered a couple sets of the EFS short bands and plan to start training with bands soon. I'll be using dumbells or a barbell to anchor the bands under my bench and I'm wondering if the weight listed in the tension chart is per band or for a set of bands. Does anyone know for certain?

In the video clip I think they say the weight is per band but that seems unlikely because a set of the heavy bands would add between 470 and 680 pounds to a lift.

I'm getting sets of mini bands and monster mini bands and I'm wondering how much weight I'll have to use to hold down the straps.

:confused::confused:

Travis Bell
01-01-2010, 08:21 PM
It varies greatly between set ups so I'd just try different DB's and see what works.

teeroy
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm almost certain they mean for the pair of bands so that a pair of short mini bands adds ~70lb at the top of a bench and the heavy bands would add ~350lb at the top of a bench. If you're uisng the heavy bands you'd better anchor your rack to the floor, lol.

Robert Crawford
01-02-2010, 11:41 AM
I had the same question. I reviewed the video which Dave Tate posted on short bands. After review, and after looking at the chart, I concluded that chart reflects resistance for a pair of short bands.

It would be nice if Elite FTS clarified this.

Robert Crawford

vdizenzo
01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Per pair. Realistically you could not just use one band for most barbell exerecises.

ScottYard
01-02-2010, 05:31 PM
The short bands are nuts. The Yellow ones are as thick as a tow strap.

coachd-rod
01-02-2010, 05:57 PM
I have the short monster minis and they are pretty sweet

theBarzeen
01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
they are nice to use for deadlifts in a rack so you get tension the whole way through.......... oh and the red and black ones are great for flinging across the gym...... I kinda want to order one just to play with :whip: