PDA

View Full Version : inzer power pants

thewicked
01-01-2010, 07:18 PM
anyone use them? what do you think? how much carry over are you getting in them? My briefs should be here soon...i'm trying a few brands out to find what suits me best (no pun intended) and noticed the power pants weren't very expensive. Wanted to know who uses them, what you think about them, and if I start squatting hard in them if it will translate to a better overall RAW squat in the process. Say I put on the power pants and start squatting 585 for a few reps all of a sudden. In time will your legs get over all stronger or does the support take much of it away?

george okunev
01-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Cant give you any advice on the power pants but I did find my raw squat improves as my suited squat improves. I am not a huge raw squatter and rarely go very heavy raw but I do find i get alot more confidence holding bigger weights raw. Also Your assistance work will go heavier which will also help with your raw squat. I did for me anyways.

barbell01
01-01-2010, 09:31 PM
i feel naked without my powerpants on. my raw squat has gone up since i started using them some time ago but now i almost rely on them...

JK1
01-01-2010, 10:39 PM
I pretty much don't squat heavy without them. I don't think they really give you crap in terms of extra lbs lifted (unless you get the ones made from "hardcore' material, then they give you a little bit) but they do protect your hips.

douglasoh5
01-02-2010, 07:51 AM
From what Iv heard they are pretty much a z suit without straps. you wont get to much out of these briefs

Brian C
01-02-2010, 10:48 AM
I pretty much don't squat heavy without them. I don't think they really give you crap in terms of extra lbs lifted (unless you get the ones made from "hardcore' material, then they give you a little bit) but they do protect your hips.

This for sure. I use them now always just for the hip protection. Hardly any carryover.