PDA

View Full Version : Soup ideas?

procads
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
is soup good for bulking? I am a vegan and as far as i know most vegetable do not help too much in bulking..

any ideas to what i can include in vegetable soups to help my body bulk up faster..?

Nicky
01-01-2010, 10:07 PM
You have "My personal Weight Gain success diary". You should be telling us how to make soup bulk us up.

newfarris
01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Bulking is more a function of total calories taken in vs. expended. Whether those calories come from Vegetables or not doesn't matter. If you make sure that you are getting 1g+ per pound of bodyweight in protein, and enough good fats then it's more a matter of being sure that your calories are high enough!

There are some great threads on here that have formulas, etc., to figure out caloric and macronutrient (protein, carb, fat) intake. There's a fantastic article on this site that has some awesome points of view on the whole bulking/cutting issue.

Look up "To Bulk Or to Cut, that is the Question" :-)

J.C.
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I love eating soup as a way of getting in more vegetables and fibre.

Go for lentils. Lentils are a reasonable source of protein and very versatile.

The simplest lentil soup recipe I use is:

Fry 1 chopped onion
Add 250grams washed red lentils
Add 1 litre vegetable stock
Squeeze of lemon to finish.

Takes about 20min!

You can use this as a template and add garlic, chillies, vegetables, tomatoes, whatever you like to it. If I ever find myself with no food in the house I'll usually make some of this. Sometimes I'll make a big batch, keep it in the fridge and have it as a starter before my main meals.