PDA

View Full Version : 1015 raw rev band squat

kingkong51
01-02-2010, 09:45 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIG4qrj59UM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qIG4qrj59UM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chris mason
01-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Robert, you are strong as ****!

I do have one question, every video I have ever seen of you squatting has you cutting the reps high. I know you are going to compete, so why do you do it that way? Do you do other sessions to depth? Is it a training principle for you? I just want to understand your position. I'm not trying to give you a hard time.

kingkong51
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
well chris from that position you cannot see my hips if u get a side view my squats are as deep as any but from the back they look high

kingkong51
01-02-2010, 10:00 PM
from the back all my squats look high

ScottYard
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Im just chiming in b/c I have noticed what chris is saying........Do you really think thats not 3 inches high? No Disrespect intended, But I am curious.

byronsru24
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
You are strong as a bull, but Scott is being generous w/ those squats being 3 inches high

chris mason
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
I will take Robert at his word as videos can be very deceiving. In the end, all that matters is what the judges think at a meet.

robchris
01-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Awesome raw strength... Maybe a little high bro, but still, an insane amount of weight!

slashkills
01-02-2010, 11:26 PM
strong lifts dude! The 2nd rep looked better than the first. I think you still got a 1000 in you if you hit depth

kingkong51
01-03-2010, 09:42 AM
Im just chiming in b/c I have noticed what chris is saying........Do you really think thats not 3 inches high? No Disrespect intended, But I am curious.

Well Scott I am not trying to impress anyone but in every video from meets to training all my squats look high but I'll put this out to anybody come do a squat day with me or come to a meet and see for themselves.

thewicked
01-03-2010, 09:50 AM
KING KONG BABY!!!!

huge squats! all that matters is what goes down in the platform. You could easily have the world record single ply squat if you went after it!

how's that deadlift looking?

Brian Hopper
01-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Nice squatting Robert!!!!

Detard
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
DAMN! You unracked that like it was 135. Nice!

ScottYard
01-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Well Scott I am not trying to impress anyone but in every video from meets to training all my squats look high but I'll put this out to anybody come do a squat day with me or come to a meet and see for themselves.

Ill take your word for it lol. You are strong and you do get whites in meets so like you said maybe it is the camera.

hatemachine
01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
The man is a ****ing giant how low do you want him to go? If you pause it when he's at his lowest point his thighs are definitely parallel.

Not to trivialize such an incredible lift....

kingkong51
01-03-2010, 01:40 PM
KING KONG BABY!!!!

huge squats! all that matters is what goes down in the platform. You could easily have the world record single ply squat if you went after it!

how's that deadlift looking?

Moving along trying to hit a PR every week.

JK1
01-03-2010, 03:34 PM
I do think you got a little deeper on the second one, but all comments on depth aside, you manhandled that weight. This was a training video, not a meet video and you've more than proven that you will get whites in a meet.

So what meet are you planning on breaking that 1000lb barrier in? If its near by here, I want to go watch it happen.

skinny99
01-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Just curious approx how much did those bands help in pounds at the bottom of those reps? Is there a way to accuratly figure it? Just trying to learn more,not a comment on that ungodly amount of weight you are lifting. WOW!

bencher8
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
damn Robert! You are gettin big aint ya? lol

Nice work...

chris mason
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I meant to ask, what are you weighing now Robert?

joey54
01-03-2010, 07:58 PM
I thought you looked considerably bigger in this video compared to past ones. Than I thought it might just be the shorter hair.

Painzer
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
The man is a ****ing giant how low do you want him to go? If you pause it when he's at his lowest point his thighs are definitely parallel.

Not to trivialize such an incredible lift....

I gotta be honest. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't care. First of all, to Kingkong: Incredible lift, you are seriously strong. Nothing can take away how strong you are, and I would never critique any of your lifts.

That being said, I WILL critique the responses in this thread. If a new poster came in squatting 315 with this same depth, everyone would be all over them about how crappy their depth is. If they came back and said it was the camera angle, everyone would flame them even more. How is it that we can set such a double standard? I don't care if he's squatting 135 or 1350, and I don't care if he weighs 120 or 420. Parallel is parallel. To say that this squat is parallel is ridiculous, and to accept it because "kingkong said so" is just as ridiculous. If any other person did this, they'd be flamed right off the board.

Once again, no disrespect to Kingkong, this is an incredible feet of strength, but that squat is NOT parallel.

JK1
01-03-2010, 11:37 PM
oh good grief. Its a training video for ****s sake. Why waste internet space arguing over it? This is a guy with a proven track record on the platform. He'll do what needs to be done when he steps up on the platform.

aormz
01-04-2010, 02:04 AM
lol this topic is nuts already. Good job on pushing some sick limits King Kong, paralel or not you moved the weight enough for me to be impressed by those lifts.

ehubbard
01-04-2010, 05:24 AM
I gotta be honest. I'll probably get flamed for this, but I don't care. First of all, to Kingkong: Incredible lift, you are seriously strong. Nothing can take away how strong you are, and I would never critique any of your lifts.

That being said, I WILL critique the responses in this thread. If a new poster came in squatting 315 with this same depth, everyone would be all over them about how crappy their depth is. If they came back and said it was the camera angle, everyone would flame them even more. How is it that we can set such a double standard? I don't care if he's squatting 135 or 1350, and I don't care if he weighs 120 or 420. Parallel is parallel. To say that this squat is parallel is ridiculous, and to accept it because "kingkong said so" is just as ridiculous. If any other person did this, they'd be flamed right off the board.

Once again, no disrespect to Kingkong, this is an incredible feet of strength, but that squat is NOT parallel.

The difference is EXPERIENCE and posting not ONE but MANY totals in a meet and getting many squats passed. It's a training video, nothing more, nothing less.

JSully
01-04-2010, 09:58 AM
considering the sheer size of his thighs + camera angle.. I'd say this looks pretty damn close..

amazing bro, just amazing..

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28204&stc=1&d=1262624266

and god damn you're huge.. so awesome

kingkong51
01-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I meant to ask, what are you weighing now Robert? 395 Chris

kingkong51
01-04-2010, 10:52 AM

Well Painzer I respect your opinion but ill let my numbers do the talking.

chris mason
01-04-2010, 11:24 AM
395 Chris

Wow! You are one thick man!

hatemachine
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM

You can critique whatever the **** you want. His thighs are huge. Look at the bottom of his thigh (not the top) before you make yourself look stupid

Kiaran
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
You can critique whatever the **** you want. His thighs are huge. Look at the bottom of his thigh (not the top) before you make yourself look stupid

No. Wrong.

bencher8
01-04-2010, 01:07 PM
well we definately have some posters who dont know how to judge depth....bottom of thighs or size of thighs dont mean anything.

Being that this is a training vid...critiquing it doesnt make much sense does it?

I knew you looked bigger than the last time I saw ya Rob! 395! ****....

kingkong51
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Wow! You are one thick man!
Yes but I want to drop some weight

kingkong51
01-04-2010, 01:33 PM
well we definately have some posters who dont know how to judge depth....bottom of thighs or size of thighs dont mean anything.

Being that this is a training vid...critiquing it doesnt make much sense does it?

I knew you looked bigger than the last time I saw ya Rob! 395! ****....
Yea 395 but i want to get down about 30 lbs after i hit the biggest squat ever done :)

IronDiggy
01-04-2010, 02:12 PM

Depending on the federation top of thigh's is depth not bottom. However I think pretty much any fed's squatting out of a mono aren't gunna go quads parallel.

Can't see you tube from work I am definitely going to watch this as soon as I get home! Good job man! From the looks of pictures you look damn deep enough... Pants make depth hard to tell anyway.

WhateverItTakes
01-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey,

What was your best unequipped competition squat? And what are your planning on squatting at this comp you are preparing for? Thanks

Hazerboy
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Well Painzer I respect your opinion but ill let my numbers do the talking.

That a way to be man.

Sick lifts as always kong. Hows the bench work coming? And more importantly, the deadlift? :thumbup:

joey54
01-04-2010, 04:56 PM
Rob, you were working in some gear awhile back. Did you push those plans aside in the quest for the biggest raw squat?

mosley1990
01-06-2010, 01:55 AM
the unrack alone amazed me. Amazing work rob! how tall are you if you dont mind me asking? Sick, sick weight, man!

weasel
01-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Wow Your an OX.