PDA

View Full Version : So yeah a new guy has a question

greatgunz
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
So yeah I am new here but not without expierence,I have not lifted in 5 years but am Now on my quest for my former self! I now own a full gym in my garage with all the basic big stuff for all the basic lifts and am considering my training to go the way of the power lifting,Sand bags sled traing ETC.
So my question is I am looking for input on a progressive power routine As I am interested in basic lifting for a few solid monthes,Then I will change accordingly.........I am no stranger to lifting have the expierence of a few hardcore cycles under my belt and am solid on nutrition!>>>

Just a lil help for the most bag for my time I am an endomorphe so weight comes and goes with a made up mind!

Any help with a rotine for 2x per week body part training would be great input

thanks GUNZ

1400total
01-03-2010, 05:13 PM
My 2 cents
Define your goals
do you want to compete in powerlifting anytime soon?
if the answer is yes then I would suggest a basic routine such as a bench day, squat day, and deadlift day, with some accessories thrown in, after about 4 to 6 weeks I would then consider a sheiko type of routine. This routine is good for someone who doesn't use a lot of bands and chains. It also focus on the core lifts and building up strength and stamina. BUt a Sheiko routine wears you down and I would only do one cycle (about 12 weeks tops).

but it really depends on your short term goals

greatgunz
01-03-2010, 06:24 PM
May'be compete in a couple years or so.......
I just want to get back as much size and power that I previously attained,
I also want a fair pay off for time and energy expence As in: more muscle and strength for my effort so power training was an obvious route...

I have so fat to pull off as well But plan to steadily increase weight clean form and do my best too grow!

1400total
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
my suggestion would be to do a 3 day a week routing focusing on the core lifts with some accessories, map out a game plan for basically a leg day, back day, and chest/delts/tri day.

I would then do that for about 4-6 weeks. here is a quick example
Chest-Bench
working up to 3-4 working sets here is what I do as an example.
1 set of 3 with 315
1 set of 3 with 365
1 set of 3 with 405
1 set of 2 with 425 (all raw)

then I would something like incline benches like 2 sets of 10
some incline dumbell presses 2 sets of 10
some delt work
some tricep work ect.

build the other days around something similiar