PDA

View Full Version : Ginny canvas suit

muscle_g
01-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Anyone use these suits, if so how are they? I was thinking of ordering the Black Widow canvas suit from her(I think the colors look cool)

douglasoh5
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
from what i hear its a good suit, but not quit as good as a leviathon...

dbc3po
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM
As Rich said I would get another leviathan. The Ginny suits are great suits but they have zero give. I nearly bought one for myself but I got a leviathan instead for a deal. Imagine your leviathan without the poly on the sides. Greg Damminga had one and said it was allot of suit, he is the resident gear whore over at outlaws he can give you a run down on it over there. I hvae used a metal pro, Franttz excalibur suit, Metal Ace, and the Leviathan. The Levithan and Ace are 2 hard to beat suits.

theBarzeen
01-03-2010, 08:46 PM
If you are looking for a canvas suit I can't recommend Overkill's hybrid suit enough....... whereas Inzer runs poly down the sides to let the suit give Overkill uses a different (and less bulky than a frantz or Ginny) pattern to attach the front and the back of the suits and the top of the suit is Poly so you can wear it tight and still hit depth........ just my $0.02

dbc3po
01-03-2010, 09:24 PM
If you are looking for a canvas suit I can't recommend Overkill's hybrid suit enough....... whereas Inzer runs poly down the sides to let the suit give Overkill uses a different (and less bulky than a frantz or Ginny) pattern to attach the front and the back of the suits and the top of the suit is Poly so you can wear it tight and still hit depth........ just my $0.02

That sounds cool any pics of it?

douglasoh5
01-03-2010, 09:38 PM
so its pretty much a canvas brief with poly straps? and george if your really concerned with the color you could dy your suit....alot of ppl are doing it

theBarzeen
01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
That sounds cool any pics of it?

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy343/barzeen/AWPC2009squatsetup.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy343/barzeen/AWPC2009squat.jpg

these pics are from an early prototype I wore at AWPC worlds this year..... my new Overkill suit has heavier canvas and a wider hip angle but looks the same except for the big overkill logo on the front of the new one.....

and don't dye your white canvas, use a permanent marker or spray paint... I first asked Rudy for a suit after I ruined my frantz canvas trying to dye it.....

Schameson
01-04-2010, 04:25 PM
I was forwarded an email this morning saying that Overkill stuff is 10% off until January 11th, FWIW.

dammstrate
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
The Ginnys are nice if wear your briefs just hella tight. Then you can tune the depth a bit with the suit straps. If not, the Ginny locks up at the bottom and it's easy to pitch forward. Leviathon has some give, but still you need to be a slower, like-to-box-squat kind of squatter. I have an Overkill poly coming back soon from a size adjustment, it's WAY stouter than a T-REX, really looking forward to giving it a spin.