PDA

View Full Version : foods for a dorm

chuck123
01-03-2010, 11:31 PM
alright well im having trouble getting enuff healthy food. basically i can go to the dininig hall 2-3x a day depending on my schedule and theres a subway/chick filet/curito right in my dorm. so basically i have trouble getting alot of healthy foods anything i could bring into my dorm that i could snack on? thanks i do have a fridge and a microwave and sometimes i am aloud to use a stove/oven

dynamo
01-04-2010, 12:08 AM
i took cans of tuna and cans of chicken. If you want "snacks" just bring some nuts, like almonds or walnuts or dry roasted cashews (make sure they are DRY ROASTED most cashews i've found are fried which makes them less beneficial). If you want to eat, canned meats buy lunch meat and whole wheat bread, cook a whole turkey then slice it up and put it in bags and make sandwiches out of it. I recommend putting a padlock on your fridge if you follow any of my advice.

twm
01-04-2010, 05:29 AM
canned tuna
natty pb
oatmeal
protein powder
dextrose
pasta (heating surface allowed?)
canned chicken
powdered milk
almonds

thats all I can think of quickly

tnathletics2b
01-04-2010, 06:18 AM
I kept a bag of frozen, already cooked chicken in my freezer at school and just threw one in the microwave for 5 minutes and voila! It was ready. The kind I had, 2 pieces of chicken had about 50 grams of protein. Was about 6 or 7 bucks for 6 or 7 pieces of chicken.

chuck123
01-04-2010, 01:23 PM
thanks alot guys nd that frozen chicken sounds alot better then canned haha ima def try that

Chris Parker
01-04-2010, 07:39 PM
fruits and veggies
YOGURT
nuts and almonds
protein powder
smoothies so have a blender
Hope this helped

twm
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
thanks alot guys nd that frozen chicken sounds alot better then canned haha ima def try that

canned chicken also makes your pee smell really bad

jAy_Dub
01-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Canned chicken, microwavable rice (mix water with it), oats or the flavored packets, nuts, milk, bananas, thats about everything I eat right now except for hamburger and eggs. And like Chris said, protein powder for sure.