PDA

View Full Version : Frustration w/ Diet results

Kris20dwyane
01-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Alright, so I am just one of those guys that is tall and athletic, but no matter what I do I don't gain weight nor does it look like muscle growth has happened. My muscles have gotten a ton stronger, but there is guys that look about twice the size of me that I outlift.

I'm 6'3 and weigh just over 180 pounds. I eat as much meat as I can get my hands on. Most of the time I eat meat for all three meals, but if I don't, I eat waffles in the morning and meat for the rest of the day. I take around 2 servings on protien wieght gain each day. I even was recommended that McDonalds in my case for each day could help me since it would allow some fat to grow. And when I did the McD's routine, I actually seen the most results but had a ton of heartburn everyday.

So, what do you guys recommend me to do, and what best helped you all?

cphafner
01-04-2010, 11:25 PM
Have you tracked your calories? Do you know how much you are consuming every day? You might not think it, but chances are you aren't eating enough

cphafner
01-04-2010, 11:28 PM
read

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128939

machaf
01-04-2010, 11:40 PM
eat more...

Whole Milk
Peanut/almond butter
olive oil

Those 3 things should help you get some extra calories to gain weight.

co14on
01-04-2010, 11:55 PM
6'3 @ 180? Like machaf said, drink whole milk. A lot of it.

jAy_Dub
01-05-2010, 01:14 AM
You say you eat meat for your 3 meals? You should be eating double that, with 6 meals daily. Aim for 50 grams of protein per meal, thats 8 oz. of meat or 2 scoops of protein. I'd aim for the same amount of carbs as well (50 or maybe more if you're not seeing results). I would eat low-moderate amounts of fat with each meal as well. Good fats obviously, from red meats, and like others said, natty pb, olive oil, milk, etc.

skinny99
01-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Milk! You need to drink a minimum of a half gallon a day. Eggs at least 6 a day. Meat (chicken or beef) 24oz a day. 4 slices of whole grain bread (2 sandwiches) with natural PB and/or Tuna.A couple cups of a green vegatable(peas,broccoli,green beans). And a small tub of Cottage cheese. Eat all that everyday for two months and report back.

Oh yeah,lift heavy and sleep.

in flames
01-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Duuuude, im 6'3" at 150 @ 18years old. its ****ing crazy. 2 weeks ago I went on a 10day holiday with a bunch of guy friends. We basically just ate Cereal in the morning then Fastfood for lunch,fastfood for dinner and of course a good amount of alcohol. It was crazy the amount of KFC and McD's I ate. Doing that for 10days I picked only 1 KG! 1 ****ing kg?

I have now been back for 2weeks and started to eat healty food again. I've already lost 0.5 KG. I don't know what the **** is causing this it really gets me depressed coz I hate my body.

Mercuryblade
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Alright, so I am just one of those guys that is tall and athletic, but no matter what I do I don't gain weight nor does it look like muscle growth has happened. My muscles have gotten a ton stronger, but there is guys that look about twice the size of me that I outlift.

I'm 6'3 and weigh just over 180 pounds. I eat as much meat as I can get my hands on. Most of the time I eat meat for all three meals, but if I don't, I eat waffles in the morning and meat for the rest of the day. I take around 2 servings on protien wieght gain each day. I even was recommended that McDonalds in my case for each day could help me since it would allow some fat to grow. And when I did the McD's routine, I actually seen the most results but had a ton of heartburn everyday.

Before I started lifting I was 5'10" and 112 lbs. If you aren't gaining weight, you just simply aren't eating enough. Track your calories, and figure out how much you need to eat to put on weight. I know one of the other members here, Berfles, consumes something like 5000+ calories when he's bulking.

Ditch the frequent Mcdonalds and focus on getting more healthy fats in. Throw a few scoops of peanut butter into your shakes, drench your foods in olive oil, throw butter on your steak, mix some butter with coconut oil and drench your popcorn in it.
I used to throw a cup of canola oil into my protein shakes.

StLRPh
01-05-2010, 11:27 AM
I was 160 at 6'5". I'm now at 220.

Keys:
Get a good program and stick with it
Work hard while in the gym
Do NOTHING when you're not in the gym
EAT
Sleep
EAT more. You should feel like crap when you finish each meal. The eating habits you have now are the reason you weigh what you do.
EAT right before going to sleep. I eat 500+ calories everynight before going to sleep. Mostly protein and fats.

Good luck

platypus
01-05-2010, 07:32 PM
bako shake. 'nuff said.

jAy_Dub
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Duuuude, im 6'3" at 150 @ 18years old. its ****ing crazy. 2 weeks ago I went on a 10day holiday with a bunch of guy friends. We basically just ate Cereal in the morning then Fastfood for lunch,fastfood for dinner and of course a good amount of alcohol. It was crazy the amount of KFC and McD's I ate. Doing that for 10days I picked only 1 KG! 1 ****ing kg?

I have now been back for 2weeks and started to eat healty food again. I've already lost 0.5 KG. I don't know what the **** is causing this it really gets me depressed coz I hate my body.

So wait, you think that eating cereal for breakfast, 2 more meals of fast food, and alcohol at night is a lot? Theres nothing crazy about not gaining weight on that at all. Thats probably 2500 cals not including the alcohol. Of course your not going to gain weight, not to mention its probably around 120 grams of protein at the absolute max. Its comical to me what some people consider "a lot" of food and swear to themselves and everyone else that "they just cant gain weight".

Allen Cress
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM

If you are this disappointed with your results hire a coach to make sure you're doing what needs to be done to get results. From the sound of it you are not putting much quality calories in yur body at all.