PDA

View Full Version : Speed Squat Critique

ThomasG
01-05-2010, 06:36 PM
First time Speed squating with bands. One thing I noticed is these make me want to lean forward more. I def need to do some lower back work. Also my butt is doing a little dip at the bottom. Is this just the bands pulling me down?

QtUKS5986qM

gmen5681
01-05-2010, 08:02 PM
overall looks pretty good. especially the first rep. 2nd and 3rd are a little sloppy, but def a start. im sure some one much more experienced will chime in as well.

Brian Hopper
01-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Your speed was good and fast. On your second rep it looked like your chest got down and it caused you to start with your but first. When you come out of the hole remember to keep your chest up. Have you tried squatting off a box?

Brian Hopper
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I did notice it again on your third rep also.

ThomasG
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Your speed was good and fast. On your second rep it looked like your chest got down and it caused you to start with your but first. When you come out of the hole remember to keep your chest up. Have you tried squatting off a box?

Yes never with bands though.

Brian Hopper
01-05-2010, 09:28 PM
You should do your speed squats off a low box.

ThomasG
01-06-2010, 06:25 PM
You should do your speed squats off a low box.

Thanks for the info. I usually do my speed squats off a low box but with it being my first time using bands I was hesitant on doing box squats. I've only been box squatting for a couple month's is my reasoning...

Would you recommend using my bands on my ME lower body day? Or should I just get used to them with my DE day first?

Brian Hopper
01-07-2010, 07:48 AM
I would just use them on DE until you get use to them. Just don't use them for more then three weeks in a row so you don't get burned out.