PDA

View Full Version : what is a "good" amount of protein from each meal

tryme
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I been reading through the nutrional information on some of my products and I looked at my chicken slices they are something like 1.4g of protein per slice and it got me thinking, what is a "good" amount of protein to gain from each meal or snack.

Mercuryblade
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I been reading through the nutrional information on some of my products and I looked at my chicken slices they are something like 1.4g of protein per slice and it got me thinking, what is a "good" amount of protein to gain from each meal or snack.

As much as you can tolerate.
I personally don't like to go more than 50g if it's from a regular food source, and if it's from a shake, I usually try to keep it under 25g, but that's just because any more protein than that makes me feel a little wierd.
There are members here who consume a lot more than that though, and don't seem to have any problems.

soclydeza
01-08-2010, 06:46 AM
take whatever your daily amount should be (look around for this, theres conflicting sources. usually between 1g per pound you weight to 2g per pound, i usually lean closer to 1g) and divide it by the amount of meals you eat throughout the day. give or take depending on the meal i.e., if its dinner or a snack. usual values are probably between 30-50g per meal, up to 30g on a snack. if you wanna eat a bit more go for it, but excess protein can put your kidneys in overdrive, so drink an adequate amount of water

AKMass
01-08-2010, 07:05 AM
Personally I try to take in 20 grams at a minimum each meal. When shakes are involved, I'll have up to 100 grams. I think a "good" amount to have is your daily minimum divided by the number of meals/snacks you're going to have in a given day.

Skalami
01-09-2010, 04:24 PM
No more then the RDA for protein in a day, at one sitting.

jAy_Dub
01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
50 grams of protein per meal, 6 times a day here.

NickAus
01-09-2010, 05:35 PM
30 grams is a good amount unless your over 275.