PDA

View Full Version : how much sodium?

soclydeza
01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
whats a ballpark estimate of how nuch sodium to consume per day? if it helps, im about 185lbs and in bulking phase. i always heard it was somewhere around 2000grams but it seems next to impossible not to exceed that while eating enough to bulk. thanks guys

Allen Cress
01-07-2010, 07:20 PM
whats a ballpark estimate of how nuch sodium to consume per day? if it helps, im about 185lbs and in bulking phase. i always heard it was somewhere around 2000grams but it seems next to impossible not to exceed that while eating enough to bulk. thanks guys

There isn't an exact number just make sure you get enough in. Sodium is very important whether your bulking or trying to lose bodyfat. Performance will suffer if its not taken in. Use sea salt on foods as well as condiments like ketchup, salsa, hot sauce, and mustard variations. I have all my clients use them year round. I also keep mine high during contest prep as well.

tom183
01-08-2010, 05:53 AM
I sure hope you mean 2000 milligrams, not 2000 grams.

To my knowledge, the RDI is 5g but as we all know, RDI's are based on averages and don't really apply to people train hard and eat a lot more than the average person.

soclydeza
01-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I sure hope you mean 2000 milligrams, not 2000 grams.

To my knowledge, the RDI is 5g but as we all know, RDI's are based on averages and don't really apply to people train hard and eat a lot more than the average person.

yeah i meant milligrams haha. i guess thats a good point that due to intense exercise we should take in more nutrients than the average. i just wasnt sure since ive heard more of a bad rap on sodium than good, but now im hearing that its does good as well. if i had to estimate id say my daily intake is around 4000milligrams, maybe a little more