PDA

View Full Version : How Long Out .. Pre Contest Question

thebirdman
01-08-2010, 01:23 AM
Hello. I am going into a contest on April 1st and need to know how long out should i start cutting?

Weight - 180
Height - 5'11"
BF% - Around 10
BF% Goal - As Low as Possible

I was thinking 4-5 weeks. I did a practice cut without exercise besides maintaining muscle and i lost a good amount of the glycogen stores, but i did shred some fat off of my body. I think with a good workout, weight loss, supplement diet, i can do it in 4-5 weeks, but I am asking for any educated opinions on this, and if u need additional information, please ask.

Thanks a lot,
J

David Trantham
01-08-2010, 12:45 PM
If you are truely 10% bodyfat then you still need to lose 11 or 12 lbs. Usually people don't know or understand what their bodyfat is , how long it takes to shed bodyfat. It just doesn't fall off over night. I would advise you 10 or more weeks losing a pound per week, slow and controled is the best. I have been doing this for 10-12 years. It takes time. I know people don't want to here this get someone that knows what they are doing to help you, it pays off in the long run. Its what i did many years ago!! Need more info give me a e-mail rdtrantham@yahoo.com