PDA

View Full Version : need help making a weight/ running schedule

betog22
01-08-2010, 05:57 PM
well i have a 7th grader whos getting ready for track season and he asked me for help on gettting faster. i didnt want to get in the way of what theyre doing in their football period so thats why im asking here. i know they just lift weights but id rather get info from people that know what theyre talking about in here. last year we did the sparq program from nike and that was awesome. im looking for a gym workout and also a speed workout. hes gonna be running the 100 and 200 so anything would help....

Astreocclu
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
if i were you id read up on defrancos articles, particular westside barbell for skinny bastards. its one of the best programs around for speed and athletic peformance

betog22
01-09-2010, 03:37 PM
i was thinking of the pt 3...or which one do u recommend

Astreocclu
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Well during the start of the offseason do the regular part of the part 3 and then closer to season do the speed and conditiong template. Most athletes can benefit alot from such a program, increased explosiveness and performance, especially through training of the hams and glutes (or thats what im finding after being on it for 2-3 months)