PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about cutting and carbs

Rob of Oz
01-08-2010, 10:07 PM
Hi folks,
I want to lose about 5kg (10lb) and have cut back on my carbs. I eat carbs before I train and Take in more afterwards. This is the only time I eat them at the moment.
My work is over a rotating roster so I cant train at the same time every day.
When i train in the AM, i have breakfast, train and have carbs after that, but on other days, I have to train at around 5PM. So my question is: Do I need to have carbs upon waking on those days? Or can I just go the ol' protein until I have to train in the afternoon? Or would that be detrimental? That would make it 3 carb meals a day when I would prefer to only have two?
Any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?
Cheers in advance!!

LuNa
01-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi folks,
I want to lose about 5kg (10lb) and have cut back on my carbs. I eat carbs before I train and Take in more afterwards. This is the only time I eat them at the moment.
My work is over a rotating roster so I cant train at the same time every day.
When i train in the AM, i have breakfast, train and have carbs after that, but on other days, I have to train at around 5PM. So my question is: Do I need to have carbs upon waking on those days? Or can I just go the ol' protein until I have to train in the afternoon? Or would that be detrimental? That would make it 3 carb meals a day when I would prefer to only have two?
Any thoughts or suggestions on the matter?
Cheers in advance!!

It would be fine to not have any carbs at breakfast if you are lifting at 5pm. It would be good to take some carbs in before you are lifting such as a banana, Results or some other source of carbs.