PDA

View Full Version : Newbie looking for some advice

tccpg288
01-11-2010, 07:24 PM
I am new to this forum and thought I would use it as I've heard it is one of the best. Currently 5'4", roughly 162 lbs. I am looking to trim some fat and get some more tone, thinking about 8-10 lbs should be plenty. I have heard tremendous things about green tea extract and have ordered a batch of that along with some regular optimum nutrition protein. I am also trying to stick with protein in my diet, limiting the carbs. For those of you who are familiar, I perform my cardio utilizing the TABATA method, which is said to be most effective for weight loss. I do my regular bodybuilding, targeting the desired muscles. Anybody able to provide some advice regarding what other measures I should consider?

tom183
01-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Are you counting calories?

AKMass
01-12-2010, 06:50 AM
What's your workout look like?

tccpg288
01-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I do a standard workout routine. Chest one day (bench, pushups, chains) followed by another day focusing on shoulders (dumb bell raises, use machines) and then another day emphasizing biceps and triceps. Cardio is also done almost every day after the weight training. I am more concerned that my diet and the supplements I am taking are going to be effective for burning fat...

tom183
01-12-2010, 03:02 PM
^--No leg workouts?

RichMcGuire
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I do a standard workout routine. Chest one day (bench, pushups, chains) followed by another day focusing on shoulders (dumb bell raises, use machines) and then another day emphasizing biceps and triceps. Cardio is also done almost every day after the weight training. I am more concerned that my diet and the supplements I am taking are going to be effective for burning fat...

Your routine is bad and youll gain "tone" by simply moving objects regularly.

If you want to drop some fat, follow a premade routine from the site here, and look into carbohydrate cycling. This would be a good start.