PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt - blue arms

SELK
01-12-2010, 09:19 PM
My brother who has been trianing with me tried a bench shirt for the first time. Its a used titan f6.

I got it on him in about a minute and about 2 minutes later his arms where completely blue, ive never seen anything like this ever. Not just a little bit discolored, but nearly completely blue/black. He said he could still feel his hands ok and wasn't in pain but they where slightly numb.

I could see this being an issue if the sleeves where very tight, but they are not really that bad. Like I said I got the shirt on in about a minute.

anybody else have this problem? I have worn some tight shirt, and my arms felt a little numb, but never looked like they where about to need to be amputated:eek:

douglasoh5
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
never had them turn blue but they turn purple and have little orange spots all over the place. id say if he isnt in any real pain then screw it and roll with it

JK1
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
How lean is he? Is his natural skin tone pale? I've seen arms turn blue in a couple of lifters with tight sleeves, one with a Rage X, one with an F6.

SELK
01-12-2010, 10:34 PM
How lean is he? Is his natural skin tone pale? I've seen arms turn blue in a couple of lifters with tight sleeves, one with a Rage X, one with an F6.

Hes not all that lean, very lean in his arms though. He it about the whitest guy you will ever come across and pretty pale.

totally freaked me out haha

AdamBAG
01-13-2010, 08:08 AM
I would be very careful with this.

Phil Wylie, who posts on here, has some pretty jacked forearms and once we put him in a shirt it would cut off his circulation. He ended up losing a bar from the top of the lift, about an inch from lockout, because his hands went totally numb. Very scary.

Anyway, be super careful, especially if his hands are going numb.

gopostal42
01-13-2010, 08:50 AM
never had them turn blue but they turn purple and have little orange spots all over the place. id say if he isnt in any real pain then screw it and roll with it

x2 i've had a completely numb hand a few times to where i couldn't move my fingers in the shirt before but if theres none of that kind of crap happening roll on.

SEOINAGE
01-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Sounds scary, I know wearing a shirt reduces my circulation, never to that point but enough to get a little blood shot eyes by the time I'm done with my work out, and my shirt isn't all that tight.

mmafighter170
01-13-2010, 09:46 AM
sounds to me like his shirt is too tight?
hard to say may be the brand?
its all about OVERKILL if you want to step up to the rolls royce of shirts!
i rock a phenom inzer just cause Mendy gave it to me (yes Scot Mendleson).
but all the big boys on our F.I.T. Powerlifting team wear the OVERKILL and swear by them, check it out!

burn2live
01-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Was it cold? My forearms went blue the winter while I was in a shirt, but only because the gym I train in was freezing!