PDA

View Full Version : Favorite weight lose "cheater" foods?

shipdadip
01-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Weight lose life doesn't have to be all cottage and boiled eggs :tuttut:
What are your favorite "cheater foods" that are high in protein and low in fat but still taste good? Nothing against cottage cheese and boiled eggs but here in cold and snowy Buffalo sometimes you just needs something like pizza and wings :fart: that "sticks to the ribs".

Hands down my go to meal when I get a craving is chili. Some lean ground beef with your favorite beans and stewed/crushed tomato and all the SPICES! For a twist use boneless/skinless chicken breast instead of the beef!
Salsa is great in chili too!

getfit
01-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime.

WannaBeMuscley
01-13-2010, 01:42 PM
"Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime."

Lol, do you live by the adage "Nothing tastes better than looking good"? Well, it does seem like your approach pays off ;)

Astreocclu
01-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Your in buffalo man? sweet thats my hometown, where do you workout?

platypus
01-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime.

I agree...maybe I just don't love food enough to cheat, but I really never have a problem sticking to a strict diet.

getfit
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
I agree...maybe I just don't love food enough to cheat, but I really never have a problem sticking to a strict diet.

I love food! but, I know how to manipulate by food, so I stick to it.It's my lifestlyle.

getfit
01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
"Call me "Not living it up".I'm very disciplined.I don't cheat.I stick to my regime."

Lol, do you live by the adage "Nothing tastes better than looking good"? Well, it does seem like your approach pays off ;)

The thing is,

Some people dream about "the forbidden" foods and crave them all the time.I don't,cravings sure, I have.I choose not to go there and stick to my regime.

shipdadip
01-14-2010, 08:11 AM
The thing is,

Some people dream about "the forbidden" foods and crave them all the time.I don't,cravings sure, I have.I choose not to go there and stick to my regime.

Me too dude. Chili fits into my regine. It's mostly protein and vegtables but it's damn tasty!

shipdadip
01-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Your in buffalo man? sweet thats my hometown, where do you workout?

Steel Mill in Lackawanna.

getfit
01-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Me too dude. Chili fits into my regine. It's mostly protein and vegtables but it's damn tasty!

This "dude" is a dudette ;-)

midee1
01-14-2010, 01:39 PM
This "dude" is a dudette ;-)

As old and blind as I am I can see that. ;)

LadyGrip
01-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Try venison verses ground beef with your chili. Venison is more lean and still tastes great with chili. For fillers at mid-morning and afternoon, I fill up with fruits (Grapes ,Oranges, etc) because they (amongst many other things) are filling foods that keep me feeling full.

WannaBeMuscley
01-14-2010, 03:04 PM
getfit, are you a fitness competitor or are you just very serious about fitness?

Astreocclu
01-14-2010, 08:47 PM
i find the more fit i am the more i want to keep to m diet, results really are hte best motivation. Also +1 for venison, im gonna get the hunters around me to give me soem of their meat, cause theyll get like a hundred pounds of venison meat each and they dont know waht to do with it

getfit
01-14-2010, 09:02 PM
getfit, are you a fitness competitor or are you just very serious about fitness?

Just very disciplined.No i don't compete, and don't want to.I want to stay strong and healthy until i exist no more :-)

WannaBeMuscley
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Well, you may be my new role model ;)

By the time I turn 25 (in Sept.), I will be strong and healthy and will continue to live my life along those lines until the end of my days :)

shipdadip
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
OK dudes and dudettes what are your favorite foods from your regimen :offtopic:

pandospace
01-15-2010, 10:13 AM
double serving of oatmeal (: and maybe some more if im feeling crazy

Mercuryblade
01-15-2010, 10:32 AM
Here's one of my favorites: and you can tweak the recipe depending on what your needs are (from healthy to cheat)

You'll need:

Spinach
Olive Oil
Fresh Garlic
Chicken
Whole Wheat Pita
Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce
Shredded Mozzeralla (low fat)

Slice the breast down the longwise (so you end up with two thin chicken breasts). Salt and pepper chicken, and cook in olive oil. Cut up chicken into tiny pizza-sized chunks.
In seperate pan, mix a 1 tbsp of olive oil with 1-2 cloves of pressed garlic. Sweat the garlic.

Throw all ingrediants onto pizza, like you would for a pizza. Put the garlic-olive oil mixture on the pita first.

Put on a cookie sheet and throw it in the oven at 375 for about 10-15 minutes. Just watch for the cheese to start melting, and when the outside of the pita just starts to brown slightly.

Cheat tastic version:
Follow original recipe:

Instead of olive oil, use 2 tbps of butter for the olive-oil garlic mixture.

In addition, add some sharp chedder and bacon onto the pizza. If you wish, dip the pizza in some rance or blue cheese dressing.