looks pretty tuff..

Lones Green
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
That'd be hell if you got loose!

BigTallOx
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxDvIF0dc7k&feature=sub

looks pretty tuff..

Yup, one of my buddies does that all the time, although he doesn't squat anymore, but he benches ( and used to squat ) with the plates hanging from straps like that. His nickname is Stump too, funny that that video is titled "Stump strap squats".

Travis Bell
01-13-2010, 03:16 PM
We've done hanging KB's from the giant cambered bar with the bands. It's very difficult to stay tight

MarcusWild
01-13-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes.

This is KBs hanging from bands with a squat bar.
T5w7cCWq7Qc

This is KBs hanging from chains with a SSB.
jg_Zs0Ffjko

dbc3po
01-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Im the guy in the red shirt in the video. It was hard as hell! My back was sore till Tuesday. I bought some straps while I was there as Spud told me I needed to do more of them as my form looked good doing them. we went up to 4 plates on the bar with 2 swinging for a double, It was pretty rough. You half to be slow through the whole lift or else you would face plant as some of teh guys found out. I loved em.

george okunev
01-13-2010, 07:35 PM
We used that method for bench. I gave up on them rather quickly cause I found it hurt mu shoulders and elbows. We used KB. I did find any noticable benefit from this method but some of the other guys said it helped them with stability. I guess its one of those things that will work for some and not others. I havent tried it for squats though. Might give it a shot this week as an assistance excercise.

dbc3po
01-13-2010, 07:40 PM
We were supposed to squat with bands but after I came out form putting on my briefs he ahd this thing riged up like htis. My porblem is I tend to get fast and sloppy. I was all over the place in warm ups, in the sets on the video I felt stable and locked in, they look like that to. It really forces you to stay tight through the whole lift and keep your form.

robchris
01-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I've done sqauts and DL w/ KB's hanging from the bar.

As stated, very hard to stabilize and stay tight. Definitely builds your core thoughout the lift...