PDA

View Full Version : Opticen question

ELmx479
01-13-2010, 07:21 PM
I have been thinking about adding Opticen to my diet in hopes of gaining every bit of lean muscle I can and my question is how much difference is there between Opticen and just taking 2 scoops of Nitrean and getting the carbs/fat from food like oatmeal and natural peanut butter as an example? I currently use Nitrean and Results. Thanks, Eric.

amz916
01-13-2010, 10:35 PM
Convenience?

ELmx479
01-14-2010, 05:32 AM
Convenience?

I lift at home so it's no big deal to have a shake and food post workout. I am looking for results, not really convenience.

Tom Mutaffis
01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
Taste and convenience would be the biggest benefits to Opticen assuming that you are already using the Nitrean protein blend.

If you decide to use oatmeal, make sure to cook the oatmeal prior to adding it to your shake. I have heard from various sources that raw oatmeal is more difficult to digest.

ELmx479
01-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Taste and convenience would be the biggest benefits to Opticen assuming that you are already using the Nitrean protein blend.

If you decide to use oatmeal, make sure to cook the oatmeal prior to adding it to your shake. I have heard from various sources that raw oatmeal is more difficult to digest.

Thanks Tom, when I have oatmeal and a shake I have them separate so that won't be an issue.

Joe Black
01-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Yep, in my opinion Opticen tastes better because it is thicker and sweeter. Vanilla tastes like ice cream, I love drinking it!!

I switch between Nitrean + some fruit for carbs or Opticen for post workout.

ELmx479
01-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I decided to give it a try since it's on sale now. Change things up a bit.