PDA

View Full Version : Cottage cheese

Titalis
01-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Does anyone have some good recipes for cottage cheese that someone who doesnt like cottage cheese might be able to handle? I think the biggest thing for me is texture, it gags me. Ive tried different fruits to no avail, the closest ive come to making it work is putting cucumber/salt/pepper in it but theres still the texture. So if you have any ideas do please share =]

shipdadip
01-14-2010, 10:34 AM
If it's just the texture put it in the blender. I like it with pineapple.

ehopkins932
01-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Zero calories sweetner + cinnamon or a low cal jelly + almond butter (or not if you dont want the fats/cals)

Sliced baked apples with cottage cheese is amazing. If you decide to add protein power to it dont put it in a whole scoop or it gets chalky and gross...use 10g of power per 2 serving of cottage cheese. Also, spreading any of this on toast of any kind is amazing, especially apples. Tastes like apple pie.

Also, you can mix as much whey/casein in a bowl as you want with almond butter and water until it becomes smooth like pudding (add more or less water depending on how you want texture). THEN add the cottage cheese. Dont put the cottage cheese in before the protein is in a pudding state or it wont work. This tastes great and is under 15g carb. I always have 30-45 grams of casein with some almond butter and cottage cheese before bed.

TXslapshot
01-14-2010, 04:01 PM
Need to try this out. I havent eaten cottage cheese in years.

pandospace
01-14-2010, 04:55 PM
i mix a cup of lowfat cc with two servings of "special K protein cereal" instead of milk

i love the texture with the crunch and just perfect amount of sweetness

give it a shot you get 46 grams of protein in the whole meal for suprisingly low fat/carb @ 440 calories

Chase Karnes
01-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Mix:
1/2-1 Apple
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 cup low fat cottage cheese

I don't really like cottage cheese, but I could eat this everyday if I had to.
It almost reminds me of a caramel apple (something about the peanut butter and cottage cheese combination).

procads
01-15-2010, 05:19 AM
you can make a sandwich with potatoes and other salads.. i like it that way..

Titalis
01-15-2010, 07:09 AM
thanks for all the replies. Tried with pineapple, gettign closer. Then tried with flakes and settled on granolah. Now I think I just need to puree the cottage cheese before putting anything in and ill live thru it =]

malkore
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
I mix it with some non-fat, no sugar added yogurt that has real fruit in it. the yogurt texture helps hide the flavor and the consistency.

wife thinks i'm weird cuz she likes hers plain or with pepper/tabasco in it.

Titalis
01-18-2010, 07:13 AM
yeah my wifes the same way. she doesnt understand how it is i dont like it lol.

Titalis
01-20-2010, 07:07 AM
many thanks to Malkore. Adding flavored yogurt ftw.

Mercuryblade
01-20-2010, 12:48 PM
My GF mixes yellow mustard with her cottage cheese.
I refuse to even be in the same room when she's eating it.

TXslapshot
01-24-2010, 12:24 PM
My GF mixes yellow mustard with her cottage cheese.
I refuse to even be in the same room when she's eating it.

Wow! I just threw up in my mouth a little. Ill pure mine, throw diff types of fruits in there and mix it with yogurt, That should work for me haha.

radioheadhead
01-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I

wife thinks i'm weird cuz she likes hers plain or with pepper/tabasco in it.

now that's good stuff.:drooling:

TXslapshot
01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Bought some cottage cheese, mixed it in with yougurt and fruit, simple and good, I like it as a late night snack.

delete
02-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Cottage cheese is known as Paneer and is used in number of dishes.

chavez
03-05-2010, 03:42 AM
call me wierd but i like plain cottage cheese...have a cup of it almost every night....sometimes i sprinkle a little bit of pepper on it but that is all.