PDA

View Full Version : Good sources of carbs?

Janosik
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM
What do you guys eat when you need more carbs? I weigh 175 lbs. right now and I'm trying to get my calorie intake up to ~3500 but I don't know what else to eat...

I manage to get about 250g protein on a good day and try to keep my fat intake around 100-120g, which leaves me with about 355g of carbs to make up the rest of the calories :confused:

Just looking for suggestions for stuff to keep around the house for snacks I guess. Fruits, vegetables, PB&J sandwiches, whatever gets the most bang for the buck :)

SDS
01-14-2010, 11:03 PM
oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread, beans, rice.....

David Trantham
01-15-2010, 06:10 AM
simple carbs,fruits(apples,strawberries,blueberries,bananas,honey)

complex-oatmeal,grits,pot.(sweet,golden,red),granola,ezekiel bread,whole wheat bread,brown rice,whole wheat/buckwheat pancakes/muffins etc. green veg (brock,brussel sprouts,greens,greenbeans,spinach,etc. carrotts,califlour. (stay with all natural food/stay away from processed food as much as possible

AKMass
01-15-2010, 07:03 AM
simple carbs,fruits(apples,strawberries,blueberries,bananas,honey)

complex-oatmeal,grits,pot.(sweet,golden,red),granola,ezekiel bread,whole wheat bread,brown rice,whole wheat/buckwheat pancakes/muffins etc. green veg (brock,brussel sprouts,greens,greenbeans,spinach,etc. carrotts,califlour.(stay with all natural food/stay away from processed food as much as possible

Haha at first I thought you meant weed. Then I realized it was potatoes. :bang:

Unreal
01-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Oats, rice, certain cereals, and quinoa and my main source of carbs.

Mercuryblade
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Haha at first I thought you meant weed. Then I realized it was potatoes. :bang:

In an indirect way, weed can be a great way to get extra carbs in.

Skalami
01-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Figs

i go either way with ganj sometimes it sparks my appetite sometimes it kills it.

K.Huget
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
kidney beans

Steve Reeves
01-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Hello Janosik,

I think you might be a little high on the protein side.

You want to be at 1 g. protein per pound of lean body weight and fill in the rest of your cals with carbs and efa's (Good fat like fish oil and flax seed oil).

With that said here is what my diet looks like...

Protein Shake - 12 oz water, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 bananas, 5 frozen strawberries, 2 Tbsp flax seed oil, 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream

2 c. cooked oatmeal, 2 c. skim milk, 1/4 c almonds

Trail mix - 1 c. walnuts, 1/2 c dried sugar free cranberries, 1 Tbsp dark chocolate chips

6 oz chicken breast cooked in olive oil, 1 1/2 c. Brown Rice

Protein Shake - 12 oz water, 2 scoops protein powder, 2 bananas, 5 frozen strawberries, 2 Tbsp flax seed oil, 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream

4 egg whites with 3 yokes (get the omega 3 kind), 3-4 slices whole wheat bread

Kashi go lean with 2 c. skim milk

That's 4000 calories so you probably want to take it down a bit.

Another tip is that you can go to fitday.com. It will help you figure out how many calories you are eating each day and you can play around with it to come up with the perfect diet for you.

Hope that helps,
Steve Reeves

RossGers
01-17-2010, 12:52 PM
The answer has really been covered above for you.

I'd say Oats, Pasta, Rice!