PDA

View Full Version : What else could I do to help lose weight!!!!

Erock6294
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey,

I recently started this diet like from monday to now. My diet is to only consume 1,500 calories a day. Will this help me lose weight? From what I've seen, I normally eat thousands of calories a day.

My mom is OVERPROTECTIVE so I can't really go out much, I go to PE either 2 - 3 times a week, I am still eating some fatty foods but in the serving size. I also run a mile once a week, since it's a part of my grade.

I'm 30lbs overweight so all I really want to do is lose maybe 15 - 20 because I want to leave some fat to gain muscle.

I'm up for any alternate solutions or a new workout plan, because I just want to look different from here to May.

I'm 15 1/2
I weigh 193
I'm 5'9 or 5'10
and I'm considered somewhat of a bruiser (I have muscle)

Astreocclu
01-15-2010, 08:12 PM
horrible idea for many reasons. First of all it will eventually cause you to keep your fat even more, and it will take away from your LBM (lean body mass). What are you looking for, just to lose weight while keeping muscle? As for a workout you could do WS4SB, 5/3/1, wannabebig routine or a number of others..

Erock6294
01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah I dont have any weights or anything like that so that's why I'm doing this...I don't know what else to do

BrandonStore
01-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't have a routine I could toss ya for the position you're in. However!!!! You could do exercises such as, push ups and chin ups :)

and whats PE? sorry if I sound dumb, I'm kinda curious though.

Erock6294
01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't have a routine I could toss ya for the position you're in. However!!!! You could do exercises such as, push ups and chin ups :)

and whats PE? sorry if I sound dumb, I'm kinda curious though.

Can you tell me what you do or What to do? I'm lost more than ever now. Thank you for future reply

PE is Physical Education, we do sports and workout...sometimes we are able to go to the fitness room

BrandonStore
01-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Well I go to the gym so I do the original routine which you can find, under routines on the home page. I just do this as a hobby so I am not extremely intelligent and I don't have a laundry list of exercises I could inform you about. But my basic knowledge right now is, Push Ups and Chin Ups work you're muscles, so if you're trying to lose weight but maintain muscles. You gotta find ways to work those muscles, and you gotta eat better. Big portions of good food (veg, fruit, lean meats), is a lot better then small portions of fast food. I wish you success on you're journey as I myself was over weight at you're age and its not fun. And wow, I am stupid since I didnt realize you meant Physical Education. I'm a little hungry right now, and when I read, that you go to PE 2-3 times a week I thought to myself... Its not good to go to Pop Eyes (a fast food chicken place) 2-3 times a week lol my fault. Anyway, a little more advice I can give, is take the advice of our fellow comrades on here as they can help you better then I. A lot of good fellas on this forum. And also ask you're Gym teachers at school. Get a basic understanding of eating healthy and execute it. And learn about exercises you can do without weights, that can work you're muscles.

Erock6294
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Well I go to the gym so I do the original routine which you can find, under routines on the home page. I just do this as a hobby so I am not extremely intelligent and I don't have a laundry list of exercises I could inform you about. But my basic knowledge right now is, Push Ups and Chin Ups work you're muscles, so if you're trying to lose weight but maintain muscles. You gotta find ways to work those muscles, and you gotta eat better. Big portions of good food (veg, fruit, lean meats), is a lot better then small portions of fast food. I wish you success on you're journey as I myself was over weight at you're age and its not fun. And wow, I am stupid since I didnt realize you meant Physical Education. I'm a little hungry right now, and when I read, that you go to PE 2-3 times a week I thought to myself... Its not good to go to Pop Eyes (a fast food chicken place) 2-3 times a week lol my fault. Anyway, a little more advice I can give, is take the advice of our fellow comrades on here as they can help you better then I. A lot of good fellas on this forum. And also ask you're Gym teachers at school. Get a basic understanding of eating healthy and execute it. And learn about exercises you can do without weights, that can work you're muscles.

Thank you now I have a some-what understanding...lol Pop Eyes.

radioheadhead
01-19-2010, 05:42 PM
because I want to leave some fat to gain muscle.

explain this, please.

BrandonStore
01-19-2010, 09:25 PM
hes young, he probably doesn't understand that fat *does not turn into muscle* When I was in school, when I first started out lifting (roughly same age as him 15) for some reason a lot of people had it in their heads (me included) that fat turns into muscle. Probably due from the exercise commercials that say "Burn Fat, and Build Muscle" but thats just it, its burning fat and building muscle. Not Convert Fat To Muscle. It might seem like a conversion if you're lifting and you see you're results being a leaner bigger you. But that is not fat turning to muscle, that is fat burning up and muscle growing.

Off Road
01-19-2010, 09:31 PM
He may be talking about being too lean and that it will reduce hormone output and slow down muscle growth.