PDA

View Full Version : Body cleansing

Ragana
01-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Anyone ever do it? My buddy took some herbal drink that had him sit on the toilet for a week. He ended up losing 6 lb's (doesn't look like it was any muscle loss) and he swears that he feels better.

Can you guys recommend any products out there?

Gadzooks
01-16-2010, 12:59 PM
White Castle hamburgers ?

Gadzooks
01-16-2010, 01:06 PM
In all seriousness -

2 years ago i went in for a colonoscopy - I took the pre-exam pills that clean you out ( do not recall name ). After the procedure i swear i felt a LOT better, everything was moving better and i felt sort of . . . reset ?

It depends how you feel now, If you are having issues with your colon - get it checked out by a doctor. I found out that i have ulcerative colitis after a year of just thinking i had a "weak" stomach.

I dont think certain cleanses can "hurt" you, besides the burning and running like heck to the bathroom. But - on the other hand, you will not be cleaning out the sort of gunk that you see on TV. . the buildup that they suggest is way over stated to make people purchase the products they are trying to sell.

even if its placebo effect , sometimes its the best effect out there.

In response to your buddies 6 pounds lost, Id gander that it was a lot of water weight caused by the extreme diahrea that was caused by the cleansing product. ( imho ) Weight fluctuates daily anyway, Over a week of peeing out of 2 places you will be less likely to want to eat anything as well - So can count some of the weight loss into a lower caloric intake as well.

VikingWarlord
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Fiber. Lots of fiber. That's the only "cleansing" you need.

Mercuryblade
01-16-2010, 07:19 PM

1000x this.

I have yet to see any convincing case for detox, or see it stand up to any kind of rigorous peer review.

The placebo effect can be an incredible thing.

Your liver is constantly detoxing your body, and no herbal tea, or diet of lemon juice is somehow going to magically help it.

VikingWarlord
01-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Mercuryblade, I don't think he's really talking about a detox, just a colon cleanse. I've heard tell that it's not unusual to drop 5-10lbs of scale weight after a colonic.

Either way, a whole lot of fiber will blow that colon pretty clean in a hurry.

Ragana
01-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Mercuryblade, I don't think he's really talking about a detox, just a colon cleanse. I've heard tell that it's not unusual to drop 5-10lbs of scale weight after a colonic.

Either way, a whole lot of fiber will blow that colon pretty clean in a hurry.

What foods would you recommend me without destroying my diet?

VikingWarlord
01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Are you serious? Dude, this is a huge joke. It's really not worth the effort, you won't get any tangible benefit. The only thing that might happen is you'll wind up with a sore ass.

If, for some reason, you still want to **** your brains out, just eat a whole lot of leafy green vegetables and broccoli.

RossGers
01-17-2010, 01:50 PM

Simple as that.

Fiber makes you produce cakes (not the tastey kind) which are full of things we don't want. Detoxing!

Mercuryblade
01-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Simple as that.

Fiber makes you produce cakes (not the tastey kind) which are full of things we don't want. Detoxing!

No, it doesn't.