PDA

View Full Version : heavy rows in 5/3/1

xolix
01-17-2010, 07:30 AM
when i do for example kroc rows for assistance work i did it at the militarypressday after my deadliftday... but my whole back is destroyed from deadlifts ... i changed it and did rows 2 day before deadliftday on my benchday , that was good and i could row more reps or more weight , BUT on my dl-day my upper back was not recovered and my deadlift training sucked .

today i did rows after my squats ... for upperback recovering its the best for me ... hm .. what you think ?

i use a 4 days a week plan .

tuesday - bench / thursday - deadlift / friday - military / sunday - squats

ELmx479
01-17-2010, 08:37 AM
That is the reason I changed the order he list the program in his book. This is how I do the program with no problems.

Day 1- Squat
Day 2- Press
Day 3- Rest
Day 4- DL
Day 5- Rest
Day 6- Bench
Day 7- Rest

I do rows on my bench day. There is no way I could do pull ups or rows the day before or after Dead Lifts.

nickp8
01-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Do your rows on your deadlift day. For example I do my deadlift and military press on the same day, then I do rows and shoulder raises after. On my bench day I do my pull ups.

Sean S
01-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Honestly as long as you get them in at some point during the week, I don't think it matters that much when you do them. Sounds like you've experimented a bit found out what works for you, so I would just stick with that.

Brian C
01-17-2010, 02:25 PM
My split is usually:
M- Bench
T- Squat
W-rest
T-Press
F-rest
S-DL
S-rest

I usually do Krocs on Bench day. Seems to work for me

Keith
01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
That is the reason I changed the order he list the program in his book. This is how I do the program with no problems.

Day 1- Squat
Day 2- Press
Day 3- Rest
Day 4- DL
Day 5- Rest
Day 6- Bench
Day 7- Rest

I do rows on my bench day. There is no way I could do pull ups or rows the day before or after Dead Lifts.

This.

Looks like recovery will be an issue no matter what day you do them. If that's the case, switch up the days where YOU are able to recover enough.

NickAus
01-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Honestly as long as you get them in at some point during the week, I don't think it matters that much when you do them. Sounds like you've experimented a bit found out what works for you, so I would just stick with that.

This.

ironwill727
01-18-2010, 02:50 AM
I agree that as long as you get them that is all that matters. Do them where you feel comfortable. Right now I do db rows on Log day and Pullups on Bench day. Other times I have done rows on bench and pullups on Log day. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Progress on the main lifts is most important.

My split is like this
Sun- Log Oh
Mon- Squat
Wed- Bench
Fri- DL